Body

(Cirrus x Cumulus)
TW: eating disorder, negative body image

"You are the most beautiful being in the whole world. Don't let anyone make you think otherwise."

Cumulus walked to Nihil's office, knocking on the door. There was a soft "come in" from the other side of the door. She turned the handle, opening the door and sitting down in the chair in front of the desk. "You wanted to see me?" She asked with a smile. "Yes, I wanted to speak to you about your... presentation." She quirked a brow, confused. "I'm just going to put this plainly. You are not a proper ghoulette." Nihil started, but paused when he saw the ghoulettes confusion. "You're to fat, and if you want to stay here. I suggest you loose some weight." Tears formed in her eyes, but she collected herself and nodded. "I understand." She then stood up and left.

The moment she was out the door she broke down in tears. Cumulus was always fine with how she looked, she actually thought she looked pretty nice; But that changed today. Cumulus never listened to what people said about her, but when Nihil said that if she didn't loose weight she would have to leave... she and Cirrus had been dating for almost three years and if that went away cumulus would be devastated. So, she did the only thing she could think of. She stopped eating.

It had been a few months since Cumulus had eaten. She checked the scale regularly but when she did she only saw a pound or two had been dropped. She would look in the mirror, hating what she saw. Today was no different. Cumulus stepped onto the scale she had only lost a pound. Tears of frustration pricked in her eyes. She looked at herself in the mirror, her tail wrapping around her ankle in embarrassment. She walked out of the bathroom, heading for the common room to see Cirrus. When she got there she saw Cirrus sitting on the couch. "Cirrus!" She said happily running over and sitting next to her. "Hello my darling." Cirrus began with a smile on her face. They cuddled up together, eventually falling asleep in each other's arms.

When they woke up, more ghouls had joined them in the common room. Mountain, Rain, Aurora, Sodo, Phantom, and Swiss were now all somewhere in the room. "I'm gonna go get my book" Cumulus said, looking over at Cirrus. When Cumulus stood up she felt light headed, but decided to ignore it. Before she could get halfway across the room, her vision went black.

Swiss' ran over, catching her just before she could hit her head. "Cumulus!" Cirrus yelled, running over. Swiss just shrugged holding Cumulus in his arms. He picked her up as gently as he could, setting her on the couch. Cirrus' tail flicked worriedly as she walked over to her now unconscious girlfriend. "Cirrus  can I talk to you?" Swiss asked sounding concerned. Cirrus nodded, following behind him. Swiss pulled her into the kitchen. "Listen, I don't want to stress you out any more but... when I picked Cumulus up she was..." Swiss paused, looking concerned. "She was what?" She raised an eyebrow waiting for him to continue. "She was really light. Almost too light." Her eyes widened, she instantly ran out of the kitchen and went to the couch where cumulus was. She picked up her hand, it was pale and cold. Tears formed in Cirrus' eyes as she looked at her unconscious mate.

When Cumulus eventually came to she was surrounded by her fellow ghouls and Cirrus. Her heart dropped as she saw her mate sobbing next to her. "Cirrus..." she said, cupping Cirrus' face. Cirrus nodded "it's going to be ok love." She said, her tears starting to subside.

Eventually Cumulus was stable enough to get up again. Cirrus took her back to back to her bedroom, sitting her down on the bed. "Darling... we need to talk" Cirrus began softly. "Can you tell me what happened?" Cumulus nodded, beginning to tell her story. "Nihil said I was too fat and if I didn't loose some weight he would send me back to hell, so I stopped eating so I could stay here with you." Tears welled in her eyes as she watched the ghoulette in front of her. "Oh satanas..." Cirrus breathed out her eyes widened and tears threatening to fall. "When was the last time you ate something?" Cirrus waited patiently for a response but to her surprise Cumulus just shrugged. "Listen to me very carefully darling." She paused for a second "You are the most beautiful being in the whole world. Don't let anyone make you think otherwise" They were both crying at this point, they cuddled up in the bed together, before eventually falling asleep.

The next three weeks were a healing process for Cumulus. Every day Cirrus would make sure Cumulus had at least two meals, she would help Cumulus feel better about herself, and they would go on walks in the ministry gardens. Once Cumulus was eating regularly again, Cirrus made sure to give Nihil a very nice punch in the face.

865 words

A/N: I know this one isn't great but the next one will be better. And if you are struggling with body image or eating just remember, you are beautiful and important <3