10

Author's Pov:

Minghao and Mingyu were sitting on the couch in Aera's room. "Is she afraid of men?", Minghao asked, "No because I have always seen her moving away from men".

Mingyu nodded, "Yes, she is". Minghao was curious about that but didn't ask. He stayed quite. As if Mingyu read his mind, he said, "I don't know why I am sharing this with you but the man you saw today was Park Minjun, he is Aera's Father's second wife's brother. In short his Brother in law. He did the same thing twice. Aera was 13 when he raped her. When she tried telling her father about this, he ignored it. Jeonghan and her mother knew about this. Jeonghan was young to do something and her mother didn't care much because she always respected her father's words. That's the reason she is afraid of men and equally hate them".

Minghao cleared his throat, "But why didn't anyone try to stop him?". Mingyu looked at him, "There was party going on in the whole house. Everyone were busy in their own work. Aera's drink was spiked, she lost her consciousness soon after but she was sure it was him. Jeonghan was the one who found her first. They found his locket in that room".

Minghao's eyes went to Aera. "That's the reason she always tried to go away from them, even after so many years. You don't even know how much time it took her to get comfortable with me", Mingyu said. The door opened and doctor came inside, "I need to do some normal check ups". Mingyu nodded.

Aera woke up. "Mingyu", she said and tried to stand up but failed. "Aera stop", Mingyu hugged her, rubbing her back, "I am here, Aera. He is in jail now. He cannot do anything to you".

Mingyu made her sit back properly, rubbing her hands gently. "I couldn't do anything just like last time, Mingyu. He touched me again, Mingyu and I couldn't do anything", she said, tears continuously streaming down.

Minghao stood there seeing her cry, his heart churned. It's not the first time he has seen her crying. She kept repeating the same thing. But the word stuck in his mind was 'again'.

It didn't take him long to realise that if Mingyu wouldn't have cheated, they would have been a good couple. He was sure that Mingyu was her comfort person. They really loved each other with their whole heart.

"Now, let the doctor do some check up", Mingyu said and looked at doctor. He was about to move behind but Aera held his hand, shaking her head she looked at him with glistening eyes.

"Aera, he will not trouble you now and I'll make sure of it. Hmm", Mingyu said, "You don't need to worry about that now".

"Mingyu, I want to go home. What about Jiho?", Aera stood up. "Shh, sit down first. He is with Jeonghan, okay. He will be living with them for few days, I have talked with him", Mingyu said.

"But-",

"No buts", Mingyu said, "I want to have a talk with doctor. I will come soon". Mingyu looked at Aera and then at Minghao, "One request, please don't go. Don't let her stay alone". Minghao nodded as Mingyu left.

Aera sighed, her eyes met Minghao's who gave her a smile. For first time, Aera smiled back with her real smile. "Thank you for being there on the time. Thank you so much", Aera said. Minghao shook his head, "You don't need to thank me".

Aera pointed at chair and asked him to take a seat, "You might be thinking how much coward I am. Even I agree, I just sat there waiting for someone to help me". Minghao shook his head, "I didn't even think about that. And no you are not a coward, Aera".

"But still Minghao, I should have fought back. I shouldn't have cried like that. But I couldn't do anything. Whenever I see him, I turn into that same 13 year old Aera who is afraid of men except her brother and father. I couldn't even go outside my house because I was afraid", Aera mindlessly said. Minghao bit his lips, "I am sure Aera that you are strong. I am happy that you never gave up".