1

Author's Pov:

It was early morning, Yoon Aera, young woman in her 20's opened the door of her son's room. Her hair tied in messy bun, she saw the time, it was the time to wake her son up.

"Get up, Jiho-ya", the sweet voice called her son, who was rolling on his bed. "No, Eomma. I am sleepy", the 5 year old whined. The woman sighed, "Jiho, if you don't wake up then". The boy peeked from his blanket with one eye half opened. The woman, slowly sat on the bed and started to tickling her son. The boy stood up with laughter, "I am up", he said with a smile, "But I want Appa to give me a bath today. Other wise, I won't take a bath".

"Don't be stubborn, Jiho. Your Appa is busy. He leaving for his office now", hearing this the young boy sat down sulking. "Why can't Appa make some time for me".

"Aera, where is my wallet? I called you so many times", Mingyu entered the room, soon his annoyed tone turned into a soft one, "What happened to our son? You look angry".

"Appa, you are always busy. I wanted you to give bath today but you are always busy, Jiho is angry", Jiho pouted. "So you are angry for that?", Mingyu poked his son's cheeks, "I am sorry but tomorrow I will okay?".

Jiho got up and hugged his mother, "You always say that. It's of no use. Eomma, come, I will be late to school", holding her hand with his small ones he started pulling her to bathroom. Aera looked at Mingyu.

Mingyu sighed and took off his coat, rolling up his sleeves, he picked up Jiho, "Today, Appa will give you a bath". Jiho squealed and gave a peck on his cheeks. Aera smiled seeing father and son duo.

Flashback:

A 23 year old Aera was sitting on a bench near the river waiting for her boyfriend to come. It was night, cold breeze and she was anxious. "Hey! Is everything alright? You okay?", Mingyu asked in worried tone, holding her trembling hands he knelt down. "Gyu, I-I am P-Pregnant", she stuttered.

As soon she uttered those words, Mingyu left his grip on her hands. Aera looked at him, thinking he would break up with her. "Really?", he whispered. Aera slowly nodded. Mingyu got up, he started walked backward and faced the river.

Aera was already anxious, seeing Mingyu walk away from her made more anxious. Tears filled her eyes. Having a bad past she was always afraid of  men and also hated them.

She went towards him and kept her hand on his shoulder, "Please don't be quiet Gyu, please say something. I can't bear this silence".

"You want this?". Aera nodded. Mingyu gave a smile and held her hand, "Let's get married. We will raise the baby together. I can't believe I am going to be father". Aera sighed in relief, "I thought you would leave me".

Mingyu hugged her, "I love you the most in this world, Aera. I will never leave you Aera, unless you want me to. I'll never break your heart like some other did". He kissed her head, "I promise, I'll never break your heart", he whispered to himself.

Present:

"I'll leave. I am already late", Mingyu said adjusting his tie. "But, your breakfast-", Before she could complete her sentence, he left. Aera took a deep breath, "He is just busy, Aera and nothing else".

"Eomma, break fast is delicious", Jiho said his mouth full. "You shouldn't talk with a mouth full of food, Jiho-ya, Hmm. Eat carefully", she caressed his head, "After I pick you up from the school, we will go and meet Jeonghan uncle, okay?". Jiho cheered, "He came back?", Aera nodded. Jiho happily munched his breakfast knowing he is meeting his favourite uncle.