21

Author's Pov:

2 years later:

Aera's hurried foot steps were heard in the corridor as she looked at her watch. "Aish, I am late again", Aera murmured.

Two years since their divorce. Jiho was now seven and quite old enough to understand. With the help of Minghao she got a job in his company, due to her high qualifications, she got a higher post and enough salary to handle her own as well as Jiho's expenses. At first it was difficult to handle her job and home but with the help of Minjee and Jeonghan it became easy.

About Mingyu, she doesn't meet him much. After Jiho's school is over, he goes to Mingyu and while going back home, Aera picks him up. The only thing she knows is he is going to get married soon.

"Hey!", Minghao smiled. Aera nodded, "Is everything ready?", she asked the team. Everyone nodded. Tomorrow is an important day for the company as they were going to collab with another company. Aera was curious but her CEO decided to keep it a secret from her employees.

Aera was asked to handle everything and she was the one who is giving presentation. "Miss. Aera, CEO is calling you", the CEO's secretary said. Aera nodded, "I'll be back".

Knocking the door, Aera asked for permission. Hearing a 'come in', Aera went inside. "Hello, Miss. Aera. I saw the presentation and let me tell you, as always you impressed me. You didn't make me regret for hiring you", her CEO said.

Aera smiled, "Thank you so much ma'am for giving me this opportunity". Aera bowed. After talking about the presentation Aera went to her cabin.

"Having a hard time?", Minghao asked. Aera nodded, "I just want a small vacation. Because of this I couldn't even spend much time with Jiho". Minghao chuckled, "Once this is done, you will definitely get a good vacation".

In these two years, Minghao and Aera got close to each other. The feelings he had for her also increased. But Minghao didn't confess his feelings thinking Aera still hasn't moved on from Mingyu.

After working for hours, Aera was now outside Mingyu's House. He still lived there alone sometimes even with his girlfriend. She took her phone and messaged him,

'I am here'

Soon she saw Jiho running to her. Sitting inside the car, he grinned, "Today was so good, you know Eomma? I went to his company. He still had our picture beside his computer". Aera smiled. She looked at the door, Mingyu stood there waving at Jiho.

"Eomma, can this Sunday we three spend time together, please?", Jiho asked. Aera sighed, "I don't know Jiho. There is a project going on and I need to work on it". Jiho pouted, "So this time only me and Appa?". Aera nodded focusing on the road.

Jiho yawned, "It was fun". Aera laughed, ruffling his hair, "I am sorry, Jiho. I know I am not making enough time for you now but once I finish this project I will take a holiday and spend rest of the days with you, hmm"

Jiho giggled, "It is fine, eomma. I'll accept the apology only if you buy me an ice cream". Aera stopped her car beside an ice cream parlour, "Go amd take. I'll come". Jiho jumped out and ran inside.

Aera smiled and followed him. "Eomma, I brought one for you too", Jiho said. Aera paid for the ice cream and took the one Jiho brought.

"Jiho-ya, how is school going on?", Aera asked. "It is going fine, Eomma. No one teased me till now", Jiho said knowing Aera is still concerned about him getting teased. Aera nodded, "Want to try some?", she extended the ice cream. Jiho took a bite, "It tastes so good but mine is better".

Aera laughed, "Of course. Your choice is best isn't it?". Jiho nodded, "Eomma", Aera hummed, "Appa is getting married soon. I want you too get married, if you want. Minghao uncle is not a bad choice". Aera stopped eating her ice cream, "Eat your ice cream. I don't want it to melt". Aera didn't look at Jiho, he laughed, "Eomma, you cheeks are getting pink".