Chapter 8

{Chris's POV} 

I felt Elvira nudging me I woke up and glanced at the alarm clock the dark red numbers read four in the morning I rolled over facing Elvira.  

"What's the matter?" 

"I'm not your type." 

"Elvira what are you talking about?" I asked confused. 

"I'm not your type because I am not a model or makeup artist, I'm just a nobody." Elvira said. 

"For the record I don't have a type and whoever told you that knows nothing about me, so I am going to set the record straight once and for all I don't date someone because they are a model or makeup artist. I don't date a woman because of what they do I date them for who they are as a person like you for example I am dating you because I love who you are as a person." 

She shook her head and climbed out of bed I heard the bathroom door close I climbed out of bed and walked towards the bathroom door. 

"Elvira please come out?" I said, gently knocking on the door. 

"I'll be out," She answered. 

I walked away from the door and climbed back into bed Elvira came out of the bathroom and crawled back into bed and curled up beside me. 

"I know you have trust issues, but I am willing to go to the ends of the earth to earn your trust." 

"I do trust you it's just that I have this stupid habit of overthinking things and thinking too much I am trying to break that habit because it's not good." 

"I promise to treat you with respect, and I will also treat you like a queen because you deserve it." 

Elvira gazed at me and smiled I leaned in and kissed her she kissed me and pulled away I rolled over onto my back she laid her head on my chest. 

"Just lay here and relax." I muttered softly, stroking her hair. 

"You're making me sleepy by stroking my hair." Elvira yawned. 

We drifted back off to sleep when I woke back up, I glanced over at Elvira she's sound asleep beside me with her arm draped across me. Elvira was starting to stir she stretched and kissed me I kissed her and pulled away. We climbed out of bed and left our room Elvira, and I walked downstairs we headed into the kitchen. Elvira and I made ourselves a bowl of cereal we sat down at the table. 

"Does this mean we're officially a couple?" 

"Yes, we're officially boyfriend and girlfriend."  

"Chris, I owe you an apology when I told you that I would have liked you better if you were cursed as a vampire." She replied. 

"You don't owe me an apology because I knew you were only joking when you said that." I said. 

We sat at the table and ate breakfast together when we were finished eating, I took mine and Elvira's bowl over to the sink and washed them up. I dried our dishes and put them away Elvira and I left the kitchen we headed back upstairs and went to our rooms to get dressed. I put on an Eighteen Visions t-shirt, and Addias joggers I headed into the bathroom when I came out of the bathroom I walked over to the bed and made it. When I was finished making the bed, I left the bedroom and walked down the hall I walked into Elvira's room. 

"Do you have enough room for my clothes?" 

"I have enough closet and dresser space for your clothes." 

I helped Elvira gather clothes out of the closet and dresser we left the guest room and returned to my room. I started hanging her clothes in my closet and putting the rest of her clothes inside the drawers of my dresser. Elvira came back to my room with her shoes she placed them on the floor of my closet. 

"Elvira is that everything from the guest room?" I asked, closing the top drawer of my dresser. 

"Yes," Elvira answered, closing the closet door. 

We left the bedroom and walked downstairs Elvira and I headed into the living room we sat down on the couch. I grabbed the remote off the coffee table and turned on the satellite box and TV.

"What would you like to watch?" 

"I think there's a marathon of SpongeBob SquarePants on Nicktoons."

I turned on Nicktoons we watched a SpongeBob SquarePants marathon Elvira curled up beside me I wrapped my arm around her. 

"I would like to apologize for waking you up early this morning and telling you that I'm not your type." 

"I accept your apology," 

"Is it alright if I cook dinner tonight?" Elvira asked. 

"I don't mind." I replied. 

Elvira laid her head on my shoulder we snuggled on the couch and watched SpongeBob SquarePants. Later on, that day I am sitting on the couch watching TV while Elvira is in the kitchen cooking dinner I rose from the couch and left the living room. I walked into the kitchen she's setting the table I walked over to her and kissed her cheek. 

"Dinner smells good." 

"I am making a meat loaf." 

When dinner was ready, I helped Elvira dish up dinner we carried our plates over to the table and sat down. Elvira made meat loaf, broccoli, mashed potatoes, and gravy as we were eating, I reached over and held her hand. 

"It feels nice to finally have a man appreciate my cooking." Elvira said. 

"I have nothing against your cooking you're a really great cook." I stated. 

 After dinner I helped Elvira with the dishes I washed and rinsed the dishes while she dried the dishes and put them away after dishes were done. I helped Elvira clean up the kitchen we left the kitchen and headed into the living room we sat down on the couch and watched TV. Later on, that evening I came downstairs from taking a shower I walked into the living room Elvira's curled up on the couch reading I sat beside her. 

"What book are you reading?" 

"I am rereading the series A Court of Thorns and Roses series." 

I grabbed the remote off the coffee table and went channel surfing while Elvira was reading, I was watching South Park on Comedy Central. Elvira closed her book and laid it on the coffee table she curled up beside me I wrapped my arm around her. 

"You didn't have to stop reading because of me." 

"I know but I didn't want to make you feel like I am ignoring you." 

Elvira leaned in and kissed me I kissed her and broke the kiss she laid her head on my shoulder we snuggled on the couch and watched South Park. We were starting to get tired I turned off the TV and satellite box Elvira lifted her head from my shoulder I laid the remote on the coffee table we rose from the couch I turned off the lamp. We left the living room and walked upstairs to bed.