Chapter 5

{Elvira's POV} 

The next morning when I woke up, I am curled up beside Chris with my head laying on his chest I felt my cheeks grow warm. I felt Chris starting to stir I lifted my head from his chest he looked at me and smiled. 

"I didn't mean to fall asleep in your bed." 

"It's okay I didn't mind." 

I laid my head back down on his chest and snuggled with him in a comfortable silence. 

"Let's head down to breakfast." Chris suggested. 

"Sounds good to me." I said. 

I lifted my head from his chest we climbed out of bed and left the bedroom I returned to the guest room. I made my bed and headed into the bathroom when I came out of the bathroom, I got dressed I put on an Ice Nine Kills t-shirt, Jack Skellington socks, and black jeans I brushed my hair and pulled it up into a ponytail. I left the room I walked downstairs I headed into the kitchen I made myself a bowl of cereal and joined Chris at the table. 

"What are we doing today?" 

"Nothing much but I have to go grocery shopping and go to Target after breakfast you're welcome to go with me." 

"You mean you want to be seen with me?" I teased. 

 "Yes, I want to be seen with you." Chris replied. 

When I was finished eating, I took my bowl to the sink and washed up my bowl and spoon I dried my dishes and put them away. I left the kitchen I headed back upstairs to my guest room and put on my Converse I grabbed my purse I left the room and walked downstairs. I headed into the living room I sat down on the couch and waited for Chris. Moments later Chris came into the living room I rose from the couch and grabbed my purse we left the living room. We put on our jackets and left the house I followed him across the lawn he turned off the alarm and unlocked the doors. Chris and I climbed into the car he started the engine we put on our seat belts he reached over and turned on the heater. Chris slowly backed down the driveway and drove away. 

"When we go to the woods tonight, please try to dress warm." 

"I plan on dressing warm when we go to the woods tonight and I plan on picking up a pack of hand warmers." 

"I wish you'd stay home where it's warm and not come with me tonight." Chris suggested, stopping at a redlight. 

"Why are you so against me going do you have a secret werewolf girlfriend hiding in the woods?" I giggled. 

"No smart ass I'm worried about you getting sick," 

I shook my head and rolled my eyes when the light turned green, he continued to drive. When we arrived at the grocery store Chris turned onto the parking lot and pulled into a parking spot. He turned off the heat and killed the engine we removed our seat belts and climbed out of the car. Chris and I walked towards the grocery I grabbed a shopping cart we walked inside the store. 

"Elvira what do you like to eat?" Chris asked. 

"I'm not really a picky eater but I don't like french toast, avocados, or mushrooms." I said. 

I pushed the shopping cart around the store while Chris put items into the cart when we were finished shopping, I pushed the cart towards the checkout line. After we left the store, I pushed the cart to the car Chris unlocked the trunk and opened it I helped him load the groceries into the trunk. He closed the trunk I returned the cart to the grocery store and followed him to Target. Chris and I walked into Target I grabbed a shopping cart I pushed the cart around the store.