Chapter 1

{Elvira's POV} 

I am sitting on a log in the woods to see the full moon better when I heard a wolf howl, I decided to call it night. I rose from the log and walked the path that I came in on when I came face to face with the wolf, I felt a chill race down my spine I backed slowly away from the wolf and started running. I heard the wolf chasing after me as I was running, I tripped over a branch and fell to the ground I turned around and saw the wolf stalking towards me fear had its grip on me I slowly climbed to my feet and backed up into a tree. 

"Please don't hurt me!!" I shouted. 

The wolf wasn't scared by me shouting the wolf kept coming closer when all of a sudden, the moonlight shined down on the wolf and noticed that the wolf seemed bigger than a normal sized wolf. 

"I must have hit my head when I tripped over that stupid branch trying to get away because there is no way in Lucifer's name that I am standing face to face with a werewolf because I was told as a child that werewolves are a myth and are only found in horror movies." 

I started pacing back and forth I could feel the werewolf staring at me I was trying to think of a way out of the woods without the werewolf following me. 

"This has to be a nightmare because werewolves don't exist and yet I know I am not dreaming because I know that I am awake." I said.

"I didn't mean to frighten you and I don't mean you any harm." the werewolf stated. 

"If you don't mean me any harm, why did you chase me?" 

"I didn't mean to chase you like that I am really sorry." 

I was afraid to move towards the werewolf I was shaking from discovering a werewolf in the woods. 

"Well, we're going to be here awhile because if we try to leave the woods, you'll draw attention to yourself because you're a werewolf and we don't want to scare anyone stay here while I go to my car." 

I walked past the werewolf and left the woods I pulled my keys out of the pocket of my jacket I walked towards my car I turned off the alarm and unlocked the trunk. I opened the trunk and pulled out my emergency backpack I closed the trunk I locked the trunk and turned on the alarm. I placed my backpack on my shoulder I walked back into the woods I spotted the werewolf sitting by the log that I was sitting on to see the full moon. I walked over to the log and sat down I returned my keys to my jacket pocket and zipped it up I sat my backpack beside me. I unzipped my backpack and pulled out my hat and gloves I put on my hat and gloves I pulled out a blanket. I zipped up my backpack I wrapped the blanket around myself to keep myself warm. 

"Might as well try to get to know each other." The werewolf suggested. 

"My name is Elvira my parents are fans of Elvira Mistress of The Dark. What's your name?" I asked. 

"My name is Chris." 

"It's nice to meet you, Chris. If you don't mind me asking how long have you been a werewolf?" 

"I haven't always been a werewolf I was cursed a few days ago by my ex-girlfriend Belladonna, she cursed me because I wasn't open with her. So now the only way for the curse to be broken is for me to find my true love and be open with her and the curse will be broken." 

I stared at him speechless I was still freaking out about being in the woods with a werewolf. 

"Well, here's a news flash for you true love doesn't exist this isn't a fairy tale where the two people get a happily ever after because that's not how life works believe me, I know." I pointed out, pulling the blanket tighter around myself. 

"Elvira, I didn't mean to upset you but don't take it out on me because some asshole did you wrong." Chris said, walking away and lying in the grass. 

I reached up and pulled my hood over my head I felt horrible for taking my anger out on Chris all because some asshole broke my heart and made me coldhearted. I rose from the log and sat down on the ground and leaned back against the log and started up at the stars. I felt tears welling up in my eyes I let the tears fall. 

"Elvira," 

"Just leave me alone." 

I hugged my knees to my chest and cried myself to sleep.