Chapter 3

{Elvira's POV} 

The next morning when I woke up, I noticed there was a throw blanket draped across me I climbed out of bed and headed for the bathroom. When I came out of the bathroom, I left the room I walked up the hall and peeked into Chris's room he's still asleep I walked away and headed downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and turned on the coffee pot I grabbed a mug out of the cupboard and fixed it up I decided to make a nice breakfast. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Chris enter the kitchen he walked towards me I went back to making breakfast.

"What's for breakfast?" 

"Chocolate chip pancakes and bacon." 

"Is this an apology breakfast?" Chris asked, leaning against the counter. 

"No," I said. 

When breakfast was ready, I dished up breakfast and carried the plates over to the table and sat down Chris carried our mugs over to the table and sat down. We ate breakfast in silence when I was finished eating, I rose from the table and took my plate to the sink I washed up my dishes I sat back down at the table and drank my coffee. 

"Did I do something to piss you off?" 

"For the last time I am going to tell you, you did nothing to piss me off I just want to be left alone." 

When I was finished drinking my coffee I rose from the table and walked over to the counter I made myself another cup of coffee I grabbed the coffee creamer out of the fridge and poured it into my coffee. I returned the creamer to the fridge I returned to the table and drank my coffee when I was finished my coffee, I took my cup to the sink and washed it up I placed the mug on the drainboard and left the kitchen. I walked upstairs to the guest room I walked into the room and got dressed I put on an Ice Nine Kills t-shirt, Jack Skellington socks, and black jeans. I brushed my hair and pulled it up into a ponytail I headed into the bathroom. When I came out of the bathroom, I made the bed and sat down on the bed I put on my boots and grabbed my phone I left the room. I walked downstairs and grabbed my jacket I put on my jacket and headed for the door. 

"Elvira where are you going?" Chris asked. 

"What are you, my mom!" I said annoyed. 

I opened the front door and unlocked the storm door I stepped onto the porch I walked down the porch steps and walked down the street pulling my hood over my head. I needed to get out of the house and be on my own for a while as I was walking, I came across a bookstore. I walked inside the bookstore and pulled down my hood I walked around the store and found the young adult section. As I was looking at the books on the shelf, I spotted Chris walking towards me I shook my head and rolled my eyes. 

"We need to talk." 

"Fine we'll talk but not here." 

"Pay for your books and we'll head back to my house." Chris said. 

"I'll have to come back and get the books because I left my purse at your house and my wallet is in my purse." I replied. 

"Grab the books that you want, and I'll buy them for you." 

I stared at him like he lost his mind for wanting to buy books for me. 

"Are you serious?" I asked confused. 

"Yes, I'm being serious." He replied. 

I looked at the books on the shelf and picked out the books that I wanted Chris took the stack of books out of my arms and headed for the checkout. After we left the bookstore, I pulled my hood over my head and stuffed my hands inside the pockets of my jacket. Chris and I walked back to his house as we were walking, I felt horrible for the way that I treated him. When we arrived back at the house Chris, and I walked up to the house and walked up the porch steps he opened the storm door and unlocked the front door we walked inside the house. He closed the door behind us and locked the door we removed our jackets and hung them up I pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket. I followed Chris into the kitchen I walked over to the table and sat down while he turned on the tea pot and joined me at the table.