Chapter 17: Bss aise hi jaogi?

Aarohi's pov

He got up, brought a water bottle from the fridge, drank some, and offered it to me. I took a sip and returned the bottle to him. 

He settled in front of me, sitting cross-legged and facing me. 

If he falls behind, I am not responsible.

I mirrored him and sat facing him.

"So... where was I?" I couldn't differentiate if he really forgot or was just teasing me, but then again I also tend to forget when I am interrupted.

"We were drinking Blue Lagoon, and then Papa made an appearance. Wait, did I tell him that I want to marry you?" I asked him, all shyness and embarrassment flying out of the window. I need to know how much I screwed up to fix it.

"You were drinking some cold drink and were talking about our first meeting and all in all, how great I am," he said, not a hint of ego in his tone. He just told it as if I were talking about my favourite soup.

"Will you tell me what happened?"

"I was having trouble remembering, but now I remember," I slapped his arm. "Ouch, woman, calm down."

"You were talking, and then your Dad, sorry, Papa, came behind you, and you, of course, had no idea."

"Could you not tell me?"

He made a straight face. "He said not to plus as if you would have listened."

I winced and motioned him to continue. 

He smiled as if reliving a memory, "First let's begin from the beginning, the stage where we had departed after the whole evening, the moment you were left alone you drink-" he made a stern face, only if I had daddy issues- "and after few minutes made an appearance directly in my arms as you had officially made them your homestay and I felt as if my arms are built to have only you there, and you know what?"  

"What?"

"You were drunk and drunk people are the most honest people. Do you also know you are a drunken lover -" he smiled that precious smile "I am not complaining, and I would love to have you in my arms anytime, any day, any situation, but what I do want from you is- drink only when you know I am there, or Mahak or someone trusted from your family, people in this world are not all saint Aarohi, I have seen my friend suffering and even after doing everything, I could not save her, I do not want anything bad for you, I know I can't change this world, I also know I can't be there to protect you at all the times, but I want you safe, I want you to never doubt yourself because of others. I know you, I know you don't drink in the name of having fun and it was purely accidental that day but be careful next time, if such an accident can happen at your family wedding how can the world be a safe place, so be cautious, and only drink when I am nearby, or someone whom you can trust your child with." he let his vulnerability show after such a valuable pep talk, I could not control myself and got up on my knees and shifted near him, I held his hand in my hand, "I promise. I promise to drink only with you, Mahak or my family. I don't have many friends so no drama of trying and testing others" I laughed to lighten up the room a bit, too many emotions are bad right now in his company.

"Good, now let's practice." he nudged my nose and got up. But I held his hand, "Wait wait - what did you and Papa talk about, did he say something?"

"We talked about you getting drunk and something that I will tell you later myself, okay?"

"Promise?"