Chapter 13: She is a witch.

Rudra's pov

"So, Rudra, tell us one thing that your girlfriend hates!" Oh well, this is just... I don't know.

"So first, she is my friend and not my girlfriend yet," emphasising the 'yet'. I say, go big or go home. "And she hates it when people intervene in her business, whatever it might be." I hope I am correct because I have never seen her agitated or hating something however I am yet to know her.

I glance at her, and she is smiling, yet her eyes look far off, probably because of my words. Goodness, I hope I haven't angered her father; God knows what a girl's father can do.

The anchor and everyone holler at my words, and then he turns to Aarohi, "Now, Aarohi, as someone quite emphasized the word 'yet,' what do you think about our bachelor here?" Okay, I am not a person who gets nervous, but if my sweaty palms give something away, then sure.

It is now or never, I look at her with intrigue; what would she say?

She looks at me for an instant, eye contact and there she is, as confident as ever.

As if my eyes gave her all the answers, "He is a nice, genuine person. He is intimidatingly strong and authoritative for those who don't know him." She paused and smiled a bit, " And for those who know him, he is a gentle human being, and for the close people, where I find myself," she smiled at 'me' before resuming, and how right you are, baby; you aren't aware, "he is humorous, adorable, smart, handsome, and a man of his morals and values." I am full-fledged smiling; I know my capacity standing on the stage. After she finishes her speech, a smile automatically rests on her face. The anchor too has a secret smile.

"So, we have our answer to the question we never asked. All the best for your future, and if you decide to wed each other, I'm free for another wedding!" he called out after us, eliciting laughter from everyone and a red blush on our Aarohi, a cute little rabbit.

"Thank you, Aarohi and Rudra, for that blasting performance. Moving towards our next act, we have the bride's and groom's sisters ready to set the stage on fire!"

All the cousins excitedly went up to the stage, and we moved towards the viewers' side, securing a couch for ourselves. Immediately, a water bottle was handed to us, and Aarohi thanked the waiter while dabbing her forehead with a tissue.

We sat silently, enjoying the performances until the bride and groom took the stage. Along with our other friends, we amped up with the crowd, resulting in loud and cheerful "woohooss' and applauds, and increased stage fireworks. 

As they struck their final pose, Mahak and Rishi's mom approached the couple with cash, revolved it around them and gave it to the workers there, and then came the anchor session. 

He prompted them to confess and exchange roses he seemingly conjured from who knows where again resulting in loud cheers and energy.

The DJ started, and everyone descended onto the makeshift stage. We all danced and revelled. Waiters circulated with drinks, offering them to those who drank.

I grabbed a glass of Rose with the group.

Giving Aarohi some space, I observed as she danced with her friends. From what I had heard, she was someone who knew how to let loose and party hard.

As the pulsating beats of the music gradually faded, the atmosphere signalled the approaching end of the party. Amid the dissipating euphoria, I felt a magnetic pull, and there she was—

Aarohi in my arms.