Chapter 16: Ab kaha jaogi?

Rudra's pov

Not so fast, ladies.

We exchanged determined glances and nodded in unison. To execute our plan, we formed a chain, tightly holding hands. I positioned myself in the middle, and the chain seamlessly split through the group of girls. It was a bold move, and now, we stood as a united front, creating a circle within the former girl's circle. To reach Aarohi (and me), they would have to confront the formidable barrier of the boys' group.

Believe me, it wasn't going to be easy.

But they were a resolute bunch, trying their best.

I strolled confidently toward Aarohi, wearing a threatening expression that mirrored a tiger eyeing its prey-she, my deer, ready to be feasted upon, perhaps not today but someday.

For now, let's keep our minds out of the gutter and away from that orange app.

"Ab kaha jaogi?" I teased her, reaching out to take the box from her hands. Yet, she skillfully hid it behind her.

I attempted to reach around her, but it was futile. Not even the boys could assist; if they broke the chain, the superwomen would pounce on us. So, that was a definite no-no.

I tried to reach behind her, but a sudden sniff caught me off guard. It was as if the time had slowed down, every sense had heightened, and I could even hear the subtle jingle of the ghungroos on her waist. Lightly, I pinched her waist, and she gasped. I held her hands, tantalizingly close to the box but not quite in contact.

Now, you might think this is the perfect opportunity to grab the shoes. However, being the romantic lover that I am, I dared to look at her face, and damn, I was lost again-so sexy yet adorable. How she managed to effortlessly switch between these two looks was beyond my comprehension.

In a split second, a little girl appeared and took the box from her hands, throwing me off balance and causing me to fall on her. The clumsy princess tumbled under my weight, and amid the chaos, I managed to hold her and flip her above me to prevent the fall. I should probably audition for the Avengers with all the stunts I am doing.

" Tss," she winced. Same, baby girl, same.

With my eyes closed due to the impact, I could hear the chaos around us- everyone running and jumping. Someone picked my hair, and as I opened my eyes, I found myself gazing into those enchanting eyes.

''You Got Something, There Is Something About You Girl

My Heart Is Whenever You Are Around My World Goes Upside Down

Tennu Le Ke Jaana Apane Naal Aa Ha Ha Ha

Nayi Jina O Hun Yaara Ainesa Aa Aa Aa

bhatiya Nind Na Aave, Din Nu Chain Tadpaave'

I think when the universe has decided to play the DJ, this is how the timing and lyrics align.

Playfully, she continued to remove petals from my hair. It felt like time stood still, and we could lie on the ground peacefully like this, her by my side and my hand securely holding her waist.

From my peripheral vision, I noticed kids running in our direction. Without a second thought, I flipped myself on top of her to shield her from the incoming stampede. The little gremlins fell on me, causing me to collapse on her. With one hand still on her waist and the other near her head. A little girl exclaimed, "Uncle, why are you sleeping on the ground? We fell because of you."