Chapter 1: My choco brownie tastes heavennn

Arohi's pov

"I have to go to the salon and then I'll get ready and then I will leave. Why do you ask?" I asked her suspiciously on the call managing the phone between my ears and shoulder and holding the ice cream in one hand and the files I had to analyze in the second.

"First take a seat somewhere and stop struggling with things, I can hear you multitasking over the phone " Mahak, my best friend said, she knows me too much, and am I complaining? Nope, friends like these are like blessings. We met in college, while she was the most introverted kid sitting at her table away from everyone, I was the social butterfly- trying to know each other to find a friend among these strangers, and when I saw her sitting quietly at her table, I went to her and asked if she wanted to eat an ice cream, which was very weird and out of the blue from my side because being in Dehradun in the starting of the winters- which is mind me very cold, and well that's how our friendship began.

"I just got out of the elevator and now I am going into my office, you couldn't wait to make the grand announcement which I am still waiting for in all the suspense.... okay I have you on now, I am only talking to you, now speak, what's up," I said being a little sceptical, what can I say, my best friend is a good girl gone bad, she is capable of doing anything and sometimes that scares me, what if she comes to me saying 'oh I just electricized my fiance because he wasn't listening to me, help me bury him'. And damn is she capable of doing this, YES, would I gladly help her? I'd be damned not to.

"Okay, so it's not a big deal," now it is more suspicious "just that Rishi's friend is going to pick you up from your apartment at 4 and before you say anything about your office, cmon girl, you should be the one organizing this wedding, at least come a little early and check the setup, we are starting all the ceremonies from today, and I want you here by 5, end of the discussion, also wear that bottle green Indo-Western we bought together, I want you to find your match in my wedding"

I know what you all might be thinking, that give her a surprise, tell her that you cannot make it and then 'woah surprise', hah jokes on you, she'll set my pants on fire if she gets to know the first line itself, she would not even wait to hear 'oh I was trying to prank but nevermind'.

I have my ice cream waiting for me, as I said, you cannot trust her when she says 'I have an announcement to make' The enthusiasm and joy in her voice, add that little sultry and pouty face we can hear over the phone, no, I repeat no one can deny her of her requests.

"Okay I'll be there by 5, no big deal in that, but why with a stranger, what about the stranger danger, where did my mumma Mahak go? Did you hide her with your about-to-get-married phase? I can bring my car and then I'll leave on my own and I'll get ready to impress my best friend, no boy or man comes near for a while more, or else I am gonna sue them with my heels"

My choco brownie tastes heavennnnn

"wait wait no suing anybody, and I know you are very well capable my desi independent girl, but as you said you can leave whenever you want, that, that isn't happening, after we get over with the ceremony, you will also have mehendi in your hands, which even if dried, I don't want to get ruined because of your 'I am not taking anyone's help' mindset. And I also know this thought might have not occurred in your pretty little mind, so let Mumma Mahak do her job, Hashh, what would have happened with you all if I wasn't here," she said dramatically, well that's true I didn't think that and I don't know what would have happened without her.

"Okay, now I need to go, my ice cream is about to finish plus I also have to wrap up my work early to leave, okay bye, see you, love you!"

"Yes yes love you too!" she said in her wedding jitters and adoration-enriched voice.