Chapter 6: Did you say you like me?

Aarohi's pov

"You know I'd love to stay with you every night, but if tonight's the night you want a promise, then I promise. I'll be right by your side all night, keeping the sugar rush company." a promise that brought not just the butterflies, but the whole damn zoo to my already full stomach. A promise that was made by a person whom I just met a few hours ago, but a connection deeper than those of years. 

"But If you want to go to your friends, you can, I don't wanna bind you to me," I said with the same tone, I don't wanna be a burden on him, and even if he goes, I will somehow manage alone.

I want to eat more cheesecakes but I don't think, the organ that stores the food, i.e. my stomach can handle it anymore. I passed him a smile and kept the empty plate and fork in their destined place, I turned towards him with a smile but to be honest, I had crossed my sugar limit, whether I will be jumping and dancing around or I will be the emo sentimental vulnerable baby, or the third option I will do both is still unknown. Let's see when the effects kick in.

I am aware that, most of the sugar rush part is just the energy levels. It is the hike in energy, experienced because of consuming lots of sugar, though it fades away quickly, the time it stays makes it a memorable one.

With every sweet bite, the world becomes a tantalizing whirl of energy, akin to a dashing hero bursting into your life like a Bollywood movie. Your heart races, your senses awaken, and for a brief, exhilarating moment, life is a sugary, enchanting ballroom dance. It's intoxication without any toxins, harmful toxins.

And I know consuming lots of it imbalances my diet, and I have already consumed so much for today that I can't take it anymore for the next few weeks, hah, just kidding next few hours or days most probably.

But till the time this sugar manipulates my energy, I will need someone's company to keep my impulsive tendencies in check. Because as said and proved, if not kept in check I can do 'somethings' if you know, you know *wink*.

.

.

We drank some water, "Now would you like to dance and make our best friends dance too?" I asked him giggling, who was observing everything yet nothing at the same time.

He looked at me observingly and I innocently shrugged. 

He doesn't really use his words much except for flirting *laugh*.

"What are you laughing at?" Did he ask that to me? Did I laugh out loud?  I raised a finger at my nose to silently ask him if he was talking to me.

He raised a brow and motioned towards us, "No one else seems to be on the listening radar" 

"I didn't mean to laugh out loud", I answered honestly.

He extended his hand as a silent question to hold hands, I smiled and placed my hand in his hand, 'Electricity'

He gently brought me to his side and asked me what made me laugh.

Butterflies

"Nothing, I was just thinking that you have a flirty personality, and you're not very vocal about other things unless you are with your close people," I responded. He continued to hold my hand between us, and it felt soft. Soft as a blanket on a cold night, soft as if I were cuddling a plush toy, soft as if it was custom-made to fit me right there.