Chapter 5: Umm, Oreo cheesecake?

Rudra's pov

What the hell!

She was beaming like a kid on a sugar rush. Had she been drinking something? I glanced up, and all my friends were gazing at me, struggling to control their laughter.

I helped her stand up, "Do you still want a hug or is your wish fulfilled by falling in my arms?" I asked with a straight face, trying to control all the butterflies I was feeling in my stomach, is this what the author describes as a fuzzy feeling?

Her eyes widened for a second but she regained her composure and feigned innocence, "what's wrong in wanting a hug?" she said with a pout.

Did I tell you she looks adorable?

I did, didn't I?

"There's nothing wrong sweetheart, acha tell me what did you drink while coming here?" I asked keeping my hand on her shoulder as if we were some long-lost bros.

She laughed. She laughed outright and held my wrist on her shoulder.

"Oh, nothing, I don't drink. I was only trying to prank you, and you fell for it." she chortled and stood up, now releasing my bicep.

"Prank me? What if my girlfriend had arrived and saw you in my arms like a princess falling for her prince charming?" I raised my eyebrows with all the seriousness. All of my friends had a look of amazement on their faces deeply invested in whatever was going on.

She widened her eyes guiltily and was rethinking her acts, when I laughed out loud and put a full stop to her miseries, "I am kidding dude, no girlfriend to go all Godzilla on you, you can chill and get your hug if you want." I winked at her and she snorted and turned to the laughing friend group.

"Hi everyone, I am Aarohi, best friend of the bride, I am here for two reasons." she lowered her tone while saying the latter part and motioned all of us to come near and we all went a little in, I kept my hands on her shoulder to keep the guy who was looking at her with googly eyes at bay, she didn't mind though if she would have minded, she would have dug my grave with her eyes till now *proud head shake*

"So the plan is simple, as we can see our dulhe raja and dulhan are getting their hands adorned with mehendi which for now will take some time to complete and then time to dry, why don't we take them or kidnap them after they get done with mehendi from their wedding and go to the resort's club? That way everyone can enjoy and the couple will also have a little break, you guys can bring your girlfriends or friends" she said as if this little plan was to abduct the prime minister from Red Fort.

"But why club? We have a DJ here, we have drinks here, we have all the people they love here, and we can all enjoy together." Vansh, Rishi's brother spoke. Well, she should have seen who was all here in the group first then tell us about this little plan of hers, but she does seem a little out of it to be honest.

"Well that's what I was waiting for Vansh bhaiya," she looked at him mischievously, "now that you have given this brilliant idea why don't you go and be the first one to get the party rolling," Smart woman, "I and Rudra here will talk to the DJ, haina Rudra." she gave me the look where she was questioning cum ordering me to come with her. Yet she was also requesting for me to say yes and also if I dare say so she has beautiful eyes.

I shrugged why not, after all, I do own the resort, which she is unaware of yet.

Vansh groaned but then winked at us making all of us chortle and went to the bar, probably to gear up for the start, one thing I have known about Vansh is, that he loves parties and he also loves his family, so partying with family - why the hell not!