Chapter 7: A whole damn zoo

Rudra's pov

And the lyrics, why do they have to express all the words I'm trying to convey, yet I struggle to decipher them?

kabhi chai par betho humare sath

kuch haal sunane kuch janne hai

chai nahi to ice-cream par hi aa jao humare sath

kuch zindagi k kisse sunane kuch janne hai

acha chalo dono hi nahi,

 bss aise hi beth jao humare pass

tumhari khamoshi se hum, hum hi ko jaan lenge

bata du tumhe dil-ae-kambhakt ka haal

sunke rahogi mere pass?

I was hesitant about whether I should tell her what I had in mind. Well, the worst she could do was give me a disapproving look with those enchanting eyes and refuse.

"Can we go and eat pani-puri at my favourite stall after we're done here?" I asked her with a smile, even though my insides were churning in every direction.

"Yes, sure, why not?" She didn't even hesitate for a second before saying yes. I hope she reacts the same way when I propose. internal screams

"Why do you look so surprised? You're not planning to kidnap me, are you, Rudra?" She looked at me with a playful yet genuine concern.

With a mischievous grin and a flirtatious tone, I replied, "Well, darling, why would I ever want to harm someone as enchanting as you? You're far too precious to let go of."

She looked at her mehendi with a smile. Is she stealing glances from me?

Cute!

We sat there in silence, stealing glances at each other, *laugh* 'cute her,' until one of the mehendi artists finished with her hands and turned in my direction.

I looked at Aarohi, silently asking which hand to decorate, and to my surprise, her eyes were already prepared with an answer. She raised her eyebrows, indicating my right hand.

Her eyes, framed with rich, dark kohl, carried an aura of mystery and wisdom, yet there was also a playful childlike quality about them. After eating all those sweets, she was radiating with joy and playfulness, which was vividly reflected in her eyes as if she were in a dream. And I'm here, committed not just because I promised not to leave her side but also because I want to genuinely spend time with her, embracing every moment of her joy and the roller coaster those sweets will bring.

She looked at my mehendi and smiled, "Bola tha na, It looks beautiful!" she exclaimed.

Is there anything I can do to ensure that this smile, full of joy, bliss, peace, and serenity, always graces her face?

"Should I add her name to your hand?" the mehendi artist asked not-so-subtly while glancing in her direction. She appeared no older than a college student, and mischief danced in her eyes.

I stole a glance at her and observed her eyes widening. She couldn't possibly turn any redder at this point.

"No, don't write a name. I don't want to make any announcements before it becomes permanent, you know," I said, looking in my girl's direction. "But do create a musical note symbol here," I added, pointing to the area near my thumb.