Chapter 47

Third Person’s Point of View

The sky above the barren land of Centros is shrouded in darkness, as if the very heavens were signaling the impending chaos. Dark clouds formed a menacing circle, casting an eerie shadow. The wind howled harshly, carrying a sense of doom as the armies from both sides took their positions, their banners fluttering violently in the tempest.

Sa gitna ng tensyong nagaganap, lumapit ang apat na lords sa hari at reyna. Huminto ang apat sa harapan nila nang hindi bumaba mula sa kanilang mga kabayo.

“Handa na ang lahat, your grace,” said Lord Zefero. “The Phantom Queen is spotted in the middle of the dead armies. What should we do? ”

Nagkatinginan naman ang hari at reyna, ang mga mata nila ay puno ng alinlangan, ngunit kaagad din iyon nawala. Umiling ang hari at saka tinignan ang apat. “Negotiation is not an option,” he says, almost a whisper, as he sighs heavily. Bumaling naman siya sa Lord Commander. “Are there any signs of the Titan’s return?”

Umiling naman ang lord commander bilang pagsagot.

“They will return, your grace,” the headmistress assured. The sides of her lips rose. “We will know.”

“Go to your posts; the war will begin anytime now,” the king commanded the four lords. Mabilis naman nila itong sinunod at saka umalis.

Hinawakan ng hari ang kamay ng kaniyang reyna habang tinatanaw nilang pareho ang daan daang mga kawal sa kanilang harapan. Nasa likuran lamang sila kasama ang kanilang butler at ang headmistress ng academy. Napapalibutan sila ng dalawampung kawal upang siguraduhin ang kaligtasan ng kanilang hari’t reyna.

Habang ang mga mamamayan naman na sumama sa kanila ay unti-unting umalis sa gubat kung saan sila nakatago. May mga kawal din silang kasama upang ligtas silang makapunta sa Terrae. To seek refuge.

Halos sa mga mamamayang iyon ay puro mga matatanda, mga bata, at mga taong hindi kayang lumaban. Habang ang mga lalaking kayang lumaban sa digmaan ay nagpa-iwan upang tumulong.

Mas humigpit ang hawak ng reyna sa kamay ng hari. She knows that the dead outnumbered them, but still, hope is there. A string of hope is left in her heart as tears begin to fall from her right eye. Mas lumala ang kaba na kaniyang nararamdaman, habang patagal ng patagal ang katahimikan.

The silence seemed harmless, but it carried a serious threat. As the living and the dead faced each other in tense silence, waiting for the war to begin.

Both the living and the dead are aware of each other’s presence, each waiting for the first aggressive move that would start the battle. It was a dangerous game of patience, a silent showdown filled with the looming threat of violence.

The atmosphere was filled with a tense silence as the living and the dead stood poised for battle. The soldiers felt the weight of the tension, making the air heavy. They held their breath and gripped their weapons tightly, their eyes fixed on the horde of the dead.

Everyone gulped the lump on their throat when a dark smoke slowly surrounded the land where the dead stood, a sign that the Phantom Queen’s magic is active. Nang unti-unting balutin ng itim na mahika ang buong lugar kung saan nakatayo ang tauhan ng Phantom Queen, ang mga patay na nakabaon sa kalupaan ay dahan dahang umahon.

The silence shattered when, without warning, the phantoms suddenly lurched forward, driven by a force as they rushed toward the defensive shields of the frontlines. The ground trembled beneath the thunderous advance of the dead, and the soldiers braced themselves for the collision.

As the dead collided with the defensive shields, chaos erupted. The clash of bones and steel echoed through the battlefield. The soldiers from different houses clashed with the skeletal warriors and decaying corpses.