Chapter 46

Third Person’s Point of View

In the barren land of Centros, where the battle will occur, the king and queen stood side by side, their eyes fixed in a certain direction. The air was charged with anticipation as they awaited the arrival of the four powerful houses of Mystic.

The wind carried the distant thunder of approaching hoofbeats, declaring the arrival of the four houses. As the march of the horses drew near with their banners fluttering defiantly in the wind, the king and queen exchanged glances, their expressions filled with hope and determination.

The House of Gardner, with their emerald standards, led the procession, their horses resolute against the harsh terrain. Following behind, the House of Winfrey, cloaked in shimmering blues and silvers, radiated a presence that appeared to challenge the gloominess of their surroundings.

The House of Edelheart, dressed in shining armor, rode forth with an unyielding determination. And finally, the House of Zefero, ablaze in rich reds and golds, surged forward with a powerful aura, like a lion.

Four distinct banners fluttered as they approached, each bearing the sigil of a powerful house in the realm. Nang makalapit ang mga hukbo sa hari at reyna ay kaagad silang lumuhod upang magpakitang galang. The soldiers, representing the four houses, kneeled in unison.

The king raised his head as he said, “You may rise.”

Slowly, the soldiers rose, their movements synchronized and resolute. The lords of the four houses, distinguished by their ornate armor and the sigils emblazoned upon their chests, stepped forward. Ang bawat isa ay nagpapakita ng walang katapusang katapatan sa kanilang kinikilalang pinuno.

“Long time no see, your grace,” Lord Edelheart conveyed with delight.

The king smiled at his long-time friend. “How are you, my friend?”

Lord Edelheart then chuckled. “Heto, guwapo pa rin. Pero ‘di na kaya ng abs ko, nalulusaw na sa katandaan.” Sabay hawak nito sa tyan.

Marahan namang tinapik ng hari ang likod ng kaibigan at saka natatawang tinignan ito. “You aged like fine wine, Frostine.”

“Come now, my lords. Madami pa tayong pag-uusapan,” aya ng reyna sa kanila bago ito nauna nang maglakad.

The royal armies then parted in respectful silence, creating a path for them towards the grand pavilion that served as the royal tent. The royal armies stood at attention as the king and queen, accompanied by the formidable lords of the four houses, made their way through the camp.

Nang sila’y makapasok ay ang una nilang nakita ay ang mapa ng lugar ng digmaan at ang mga maliliit na baner ng apat, kasali na dito ang baner ng House Mystique. The map of the barren land stretched across the massive table, its parched terrain marked with the positions of the four noble houses.

“Your grace, I have a complain,” pagkuha ng atensyon ni Lord Gardner. Lumapit siya sa mesa kung saan nakabuklat ang mapa at saka itinuro ang baner ng House Winfrey bago siya nagsalita, “Bakit ‘to sinama sa akin?”

“Ayaw ko rin makasama ka, Leon. Ngunit kung ‘yan ang napag-desisyunan ng hari ay wala na tayong magagawa,” mahinhin na saad ni Lord Winfrey. Nakangiti ito ngunit hindi naman nito tinago ang inis sa kaniyang mukha habang nakatingin kay Lord Gardner.

The two lords stood locked in a silent confrontation. The air crackled with tension as Lord Winfrey fixed his piercing gaze upon the Lord with a gentle smile on his face. Lord Gardner's expression is a study in stoicism. The intensity of his glare cut through the air like a storm gathering on the horizon. There was not a trace of a smile on his lips.