40. Where It All Began

The group of friends were all in a dungeon in the HQ of Shinganhina. Artur, Sasha's father, who had been in Nicolo's restaurant at a bad time, made some tea. His family, Nicolo and the Scout friends were all in the same big dungeon.

"Tea?" He offered Armin.

"Oh, yeah, thanks." Armin said, he had been distracted, thinking about what Eren said and did, he specifically couldn't shake off the image of Eren kissing Lexie and how he pulled her away from him after that.

"Hey, Armin, do you think you can bust us out of here by using the Colossal titan?" Connie asked.

"No. While the colossal is powerful, it is far from accurate." Armin said.

"So, how did Eren end up beating you into a pulp?" Jean asked.

"He hurt Mikasa with words, so I punched him, he responded in kind." Armin said.

"Wait, what do you mean hurt her? What did he say?" Jean asked.

"Well he-"

"Stop." Mikasa interrupted him. "It's fine."

"No. It isn't fine." Jean insisted.

"I thought he had done something to Lexie." Connie said. Armin's fist tightened.

"Eren kissed Lexie in front of us." Mikasa said.

"He what?" Connie asked in shock and disbelief. Armin hit the table.

"He kissed her against her will and then pulled her away and I could do nothing." Armin said angrily.

"Well, we knew he had turned into a piece of shit." Connie commented. "He's lost his mind so completely that he went out of his way to hurt the two people he used to care for the most."

"Assuming he hasn't lost it. I do not see him doing any of this without some kind of reason." Jean said. "I wonder. Could he have some sort of hidden motive?"

They then heard footsteps coming towards then, it was Yelena with Onyankopon and the Marleyan volunteer who had told them out in Nicolo's restaurant.

"Heroes from Shinganshina. It's always an honor to see you"

***********

Eren kept Lexie with him. He had said it was the safest, to keep an eye on her himself. She agreed only because she was genuinely worried about Eren's emotional state and the decisions he was making. Besides, it would also be easier to meddle with his plan if she was close

"Should we take her to the others?" A soldier asked as he approached Lexie.

"No. Lexie will rule beside me, her place is next to me." It what Eren had said.

His reasoning was that they needed someone in the royal family of Paradis to make the transition of ruling easy, and since Historia was an illegitimate child, they'd use Lexie instead.

"We are going to get to the girl who shot Sasha now." Eren said, Lexie followed him.

"What are you going to do with her?" Lexie asked.

"Use her." Eren said. "I have reasons to believe we might have been infiltrated; she'll get out an emergency signal."

"She'd not exactly going to agree. She did kill the soldier in the prison to escape. Besides, we destroyed her home."

"She had a friend, a boy named Falco. He... uh, Nicolo attacked them when he realized they were the ones who hurt Sasha. He hit them with a bottle of wine and some went into the boy's mouth. That's our angle to get her to cooperate."