39. Hate

"Fucking idiots." Lexie muttered and she split the blood forming I her mouth. She had just been attacked by four recruits from the Survey Corps in the middle of the day in the street. They pulled her into an alley, but she wa a better fighter than any of them. She had to severely injure them, but they were going to live, maybe not walk for a while, but they'd live. She knew she had to report this as fast as possible, so, in a bloodied blue dress, she rushed to the military HQ.

************

Confidential Intelligence about Eren and Marleyan volunteers being detained had leaked to the public, they had found out it had been because of some recruits from the Survey Corps and a veteran, Floch. They were to be detained too, but the public sympathy for Eren just kept spreading and spreading through all of Paradis for attacking their enemies and defending the island.

Eren hadn't talked to anyone after talking to Lexie. He only wanted to talk to his brother, but Zeke was being kept in a forest as a precaution, watched by captain Levi.

Armin and Mikasa had gone to ask for Commander Zachary permission to see Eren, but they were denied. They guessed there were already talks of someone else getting the Attack and Founder Titans from Eren. But it couldn't be Historia since she was pregnant and turning her into a titan could cause a miscarriage and her death, they couldn't risk it.

As Armin and Mikasa were leaving Premier Zachary's office, an explosion occurred from the inside of the office, causing his death and well as the one of 3 soldiers from the Military Police. This caused an emergency meeting with military officials.

"Premier Zachary had his 'custom chair' brought to his office today. We believe that whoever planted the chair must had planted a bomb on it." A Military Police reported. "We don't know who was behind this or what were their motives."

"All but one of the volunteers have been on house arrest, and Onyankopon was with me all day." Hange said.

"Then can you think of anyone else?"

"Before he died, premier Zachary said a group of recruits brought the chair to his office." Armin said.

"Where were these recruits from?" Nile asked.

"He didn't say. But as Mikasa and I headed to our appointment with him, we saw three Survey Corps recruits heading out quickly." At Armin's report, the room tensed.

"Speaking of your regiment." Nile said to Hange. "I hear a few of your Scouts were arrested for leaking information to the public-"

The door suddenly flung open to reveal a bloodied Lexie, everyone froze and gaped at her. Armin and Mikasa were the first to rush to her side.

"Lexie, what happened?" Armin asked.

"I was just attacked by four of recruits. They were trying to kidnap me. I was on my way to make the report when I heard about the explosion and Premier Zachary." Lexie said.

Armin helped her to a chair. She had a hit on her cheek, bruises on her neck and a cut on her arm, which she had already bandaged with a piece of her dress she had to rip off. Armin took out a handkerchief and started cleaning the blood from her face, although it seemed none of that was hers.

"Recruits of what regiment?" A soldier asked.

"Scouts." Lexie said, the tension towards the Scouts only rose. "They must still be in the alley, I made sure they couldn't walk for a while."

"A direct hit on the crown is unforgiveable!" Nile said.

"Urgent news!" Another soldier interrupted the meeting. "Eren Jaeger has escaped!"