27. Queen

Lord Reis transformation was taking a lot of time and energy, it seemed it wouldn't stop. The whole cave shook and hot air blew strongly to every direction.

"Lexie, Historia. You have to get out of here. If this power is from your family, just let him eat me." Eren said.

"Not a chance. I won't let you believe no one needs you, you are not worthless, you deserve to live." Historia said while they kept fumbling with some of Eren's chains.

The power of the titan in front of them kept blowing off air, Historia was sent flying back.

"Historia!" Lexie called, but her cousin was caught by no other than Mikasa. Soon, Sasha, Connie, Jean and Levi joined them and helped Lexie free Eren. Barely missing a piece of the ceiling falling into them.

"Whoa, it's even bigger than the Colossal titan." Sasha said as they all watched the still transforming titan.

"There is another way out!" Lexie told them, but then the stairs were crushed by a falling piece of ceiling and they couldn't get to it. "Dammit."

"You should leave me here, I'm a dead weight, this power shouldn't have been given to me. I can't be humanity's hope, I'm too weak." Eren cried and slid into the floor defeated.

"Of course you are." Jean said. "But no one is expecting you to do it."

"Yeah man, chill, we've dealt with worse." Connie added.

"Not like I want to ge used to it." Sasha commented.

"It will definitely be a headache passing though all that." Connie said as they all looked ahead at the collapsing cavern. But then Eren noticed a flask on the ground, following his eyes, Lexie saw it too. The flask had the word 'Armor' written on it

"No, Eren you don't know if it'll work." Lexie said, but Eren only gave her an apologetic look, took the flask and ran ahead. "Eren!"

He bit through the flask, transformed into a titan and was able to use his crystallization to build a cover around him and his friends, they all got under him and could avoid being crushed. After being saved, Jean and Mikasa were able to get Eren out of his titan, he was weak and barely conscious. Sasha and Connie were able to find an exit and they could all get to the surface. As Lexie climbed up a hand was offered to her.

"Need a hand?" Looking up she saw the bright eyes she loved, Armin, a big smile in his face when he saw her. She smiled big and grabbed his hand, he pulled her out. As soon as she was out, she threw herself at Armin, making the both of them fall, and started repeatedly kissing his cheek, forehead and face in general. Armin had a big smile and blush on his face. "I... missed you too." He said shyly.

"I'm so sorry I had to be a spy, I'm so glad you are ok." She said with some relief tears in her eyes and then hugged him tight.

"I'm glad you're okay too. You had me worried all this time." Armin said hugging her back.

"Hey, lovebirds." Levi asked. "I hate to interrupt this moment, but we have a big ass titan to catch."

Armin and Lexie stood up and everyone got into their horses, except for Eren, Historia and Lexie who went into a carriage. Hange was also put there as they had been injured during the fight. Lexie helped dressed their wound and then decided to sit next to Armin on the front as he guided the carriage. They met with Commander Erwin, but he ordered everyone to return to the wall instead, they knew the giant titan was going to the Orvud District. On their way there, the team started thinking of strategies.

"We can still go back, let him eat me and turn into the Founding Titan." Eren said, Mikasa was definitely the least happy with that approach.

"It's worth considering, we can capture Rod and make him erase the brainwashing." Levi said.