Chapter 35: A ray of hope

Vienna's POV

I groaned in pain as I moved my head from one side to another and subconsciously my hand reached out to touch my neck that was hurting like a bitch.

Christ!

It seems like I have sprained my neck and also every other body part of mine is paining.

"Is she okay? Doctor" A familiar voice fell on my ears.

"Yeah, she's fine" Replied an unfamiliar voice.

What's happening? Where am I? And why do these voices sound so faded? As if they are coming from quite far away.

"She just has a bit fever and most probably caught cold too and once she gains conscious she might also experience body ache due to the conditions that she slept in last night" The unfamiliar voice added and hearing his last few words, I recalled the invents of last night.

I must have fallen asleep beside Ryan last night. But hold on, it feels like I'm on my bed now. How did I get here?

"Are you sure it's nothing serious? I mean you took her blood sample so I just need to be sure" The familiar voice, that I now recognise as Samantha's, said.

"Don't worry, Samantha, she's fine and about her blood sample, she looks too weak as if she hasn't eaten since days, which is why I need to run some tests and make sure there's no serious threat to her health" The doctor replied.

"Don't worry the report would be out in a day or two" He added.

"I'll take your leave now" He said.

"Thank you, Denis, I was really worried" Samantha replied with a heavy sigh.

"Don't be, she's fine" The doctor, who's name I now know is Denis, reassured and just then I slowly opened my eyes.

"There she is..." I heard the doctor's voice and saw him standing just beside my bed as soon as I opened my eyes. I glanced around with hazy eyes, only to see Samantha and Michael as well.

"Mrs. Knight, Samantha told me everything. If you wish to live, you must eat" Denis said.

That's the thing doctor, I don't wish to live.

Denis passed me a soft smile before taking his leave, leaving me alone with a disappointed Samantha and a silent Michael.

"Yesterday I was being sarcastic..." Samantha paused folding her hands over her chest.

"But now it seems like you are really on a suicide mission" She continued in disbelief.

"Absolutely correct, Sam, I am on a suicide mission..." I paused sitting up.

"You all might have reasons to live, your lives might have not stopped after Ryan passed away...but mine has...everybody else's life will go on without him...but not mine" I continued.

"Not mine, Sam. Never" I added with a slight shake of head.

"Which is why I ask you everyday to leave me behind with my memories and move on with your life" I said with a tired sigh, feeling too weak to even speak any further.

"I know you wanna die, which is why I cannot leave you alone" Samantha replied.

"Who the fuck brought me home anyways?" I questioned, frustrated.

"Michael did" Samantha replied.

"Michael, I don't recall that I asked you to follow me and I think I even released you from your job last night" I said as Michael just remained silent while Samantha shook her head before walking out and a few seconds later Michael followed her too.