Epilogue

Shannon here, I wish I could tell you all that everything was a happy ending. It was but the journey to get there was hard. As other family has its up and downs we are no exception.

A little Brian update he is huge, almost 10 years old. He's amazing and smart and funny. He is into everything. I often call him my mini me as he's always wherever I am.

Liza graduated college it took her a few more years but she did it. Brian knows that she is his biological mom, and you often find them cuddling as she reads to him. He honestly has three parents. And we're okay with that. She majored in psychology, and is now a psychiatrist for the high school that she went to. She has kept her promises though. She graduated she never did drugs and she did her best to do her best. We are extremely proud of her. She recently told us that she has a boyfriend. And of course we did background checks and he seems to be an outstanding gentleman. She plans to introduce him to Brian next weekend.
And on to what you may not have expected. Macy, our swing innocent little girl. Well we all thought she was going to college for culinary arts. After going on a few trips with Tally and seeing what she does she has decided that her calling is helping others. She did study culinary arts throughout high School, but the minute she got her diploma she signed her papers and is in the military. She became a Marine a few months later, and is now stationed in Kuwait. We are extremely proud of her although we miss her and wish we got to see her more. She facetimes us as much as possible, often spending most of her time telling Brian about her adventures. She plans to spend a few more years making it 10 years Total service and when she gets out she has a place in our Hawaii club. She recently told her mom and I that she's a lesbian and that she is known for a very long time. That seeing her two moms make a go of a relationship, and make it work has inspired her to do exactly that. We are super proud of her.

You might ask yourself about those Downs that I had mentioned. Just like every family we're not perfect but I'm not about to air dirty laundry.