The one with the balcony - 40

A day after Michelle was rescued

A

"I cannot do this anymore" Anntonia said. "I couldn't let people be endangered just because they are with me" She held Michelle's hand, staring at her face.

They are in the hospital room of Michelle. Michelle on the other hand is in deep slumber. Anntonia, sitting on her bedside as she watches the peaceful face of Michelle.

Chris nodded. " I understand what you're saying"

"Chris, I am scared. What if this happens again?" Anntonia asked. "Once the coronation happen, I'll be queen. Michelle and I won't be.. won't be able to continue our relationship"

Chris smiled sadly as he enveloped Anntonia into a hug.

"I never saw you that happy, P' Anne. Only when you were with P' Michelle" Chris started. "When I had to fetch you from the Philippines, I saw how broke you were. And you know what I thought?"

Anntonia shook her head, looking up to Chris.

"I thought that you have given your whole life to the country. You have sacrificed a lot for us, especially me to have an easy life. And I thought that it is time for me to give back"

"I was scared when you went to the Philippines. I thought what if you decided to stay? But without you here, I had to stand up on your place. And I realized that this is not as bad as I thought. I man up, became mature, and I thought of you"

Chris pulled her out of Michelle's room to another room.

"So P' Ann. If you decides to choose yourself. Your happiness. I am willing to take your position"

Anntonia broke down. The tears that she was trying not to let go, fell. And for the first time here in Thailand, she felt free. She felt she could breath easily.

"You are giving me your responsibility, but believe me when I say that I am more than happy to serve our country as its king, but I will be happier as your brother to give you an opportunity to live your life"

"I agree" A voice said. When Anntonia looked up, it's their dad, entering the room. "You have given much more to our country, Anntonia. Even more than I did when I was crowned. And it hurts me everyday knowing that this is not what your heart truly desires. As your king, if you agree, I am granting you this opportunity to renounce the throne"

Present day

Anntonia watched Michelle as she disappeared to the plane.

But instead of being sad, she only feels happiness.

After the coronation, when the people dispersed, Anntonia went straight to Michelle, who she pulled to a more private part of the palace.

"Wha.. what's happening?" Michelle asked, confused.

"Am I welcome again in your penthouse?" Anntonia asked back.

"Huh?"

Anntonia chuckled. "I am asking you dummy, am I welcome again in your penthouse?"

"Ye.. yeah of course. Why?"

"I just have to fix things here at home. You know, people expected me to be their next ruler. So I have hundreds, maybe even thousands of papers to sign. And face hundreds of questions from the media. But after that, I am sure I'll be free to do what I want in life" Anntonia said. "And that is to spend it with you"

"I don't understand. Why are you doing this?" Michelle asked, still confused.

Anntonia slightly tapped Michelle's cheeks. "Chris told me that he is willing to take the throne. I am always annoyed at him, but this time I am not. My dad approved of it. I know from the get go, that I won't be able to offer my whole heart, serving as the queen. And I know where my heart is"