The one with the growing fear - 22

M

Ever since the incident in the parking lot, Anntonia seems to be distracted. Michelle will ask something and had to repeat herself before Anntonia would notice she even said something.

It's been a day, and she couldn't still get a straight answer from Anntonia. "I am not sure. I remember the guy, he's one of my dad's employee. I am not sure why they're here, and why they suddenly popped out of nowhere. They said they only have been for a week"

Michelle couldn't sleep that night and she thinks Anntonia too  because she felt Anntonia stood up from the bed late at night. Michelle acted like she was sleeping and heard Anntonia said "Come on Chris, pick up" under her breath.

Anntonia's brother didn't pick up, as Michelle thought. She felt Anntonia went back to bed after an hour of trying to call her brother.

It is only when she felt Anntonia snuggled close to her that she was able to sleep. 

But Michelle woke up a couple of times. She had to check if Anntonia is still by her side before she could go back to sleep. She had to pull Anntonia closer to her to make sure she is not dreaming as she could feel Anntonia by her side.

The following day, she needed to go to the office. She asked Anntonia to come which the latter agreed upon. It wasn't weird for Anntonia to go with her to the office. She just thinks that Anntonia agreed rather easily this time as if Anntonia doesn't want any second go to waste, not being with Michelle. Which of course she feels the same way.

Michelle just made sure to have all her meetings on her office or the nearby meeting rooms, so she could still see Anntonia in between. 

At first Michelle couldn't explain what she was feeling until she felt that there is this growing fear inside her that says there's something going on, or something is going to happen. And it feels like there's something or someone will get Anntonia away from her.

Anntonia did her best, but even in a short period of time, Michelle knows she's still distracted and worried of the guards showing up just two days before. It is as if she knows something wrong for these people to just popped out of nowhere without any reason, and this reason is making her distracted.

When Anntonia's phone buzzed, she was quick to look at her phone and Michelle saw Anntonia gave a sighed of relief. "Chris now replied. He was busy the whole day yesterday and just woke up now so he couldn't hear my calls"

"That's good to hear" Michelle said, nodding. "Did he say anything about the dozens of guards?"

Anntonia shook her head. "Not really. He said additional security because dad insisted"

"Security for what?" Michelle questioned.

"Well, a lot of people wants my dad's position. It endangers my life as well my brother's" Anntonia answered plainly.

Michelle nodded. She remember a story from Siargao that says Anntonia knows how to defend herself. That might be connected from the guards as well. Michelle thinks that Anntonia's dad is really powerful for Anntonia and her brother knows how to defend themselves. 

It also brought Michelle back to that firing range date when Anntonia easily handles the guns like she has been doing it all her life. Michelle thinks she really might do.

After the incident the other night, the guards took care of business and said that they should just go back to wherever they are and what they were doing, and make sure to tell the guards of the condo not to let anyone in the penthouse unless they are expected to arrive. If someone, even they know went there unexpectedly, they should alert the guards, or them.

If how will they alert them, Michelle have no idea but assumed Anntonia can.

That gave Michelle an idea that the guards know where they currently live in.

That is where Michelle had her fears. They have been in the uncertainty technically ever since she and Anntonia met, but with the growing forces they both couldn't control, she thinks that Anntonia could be snatched away from her. 

Yes, they have a deadline. 

Yes, Michelle has been trying to ready herself when that day came. 

But no, Michelle is not yet ready. And she's trying to rack up her brain on how to either let Anntonia stay, follow Anntonia or ask Anntonia to come back to her as soon as she can.

After their day in the office, Michelle was looking around as she drives the car, expecting someone following them, but even after they arrived at the penthouse, there was no one following them. It's either the guards are now done with their duty or they are just damn well good with what they do.

Anntonia insisted on cooking dinner. She said that she learned how to cook tinolang manok while waiting for Michelle's meetings to end.

Michelle nodded and just stayed by her side while she cooks. She enjoys the view. She's soaking everything she could from Anntonia.

Anntonia's forehead was creased or her eyebrows raised all throughout her cooking. Sometimes even joking like she's the top chef, doing tricks using the pan.

Michelle almost forgot what happened the other night. But it keeps on bugging her, like her head is telling her not to forget about it, and there's something, that could go wrong anytime.

They enjoyed eating and doing the chores after like there was nothing bugging both of them. Michelle could tell, even Anntonia can feel it. She's just trying to hide it.

While on bed, Michelle is watching Anntonia sleep. She enjoys the peacefulness of doing so like there's nothing could go wrong.

But of course, there is still this fear that when she woke up, Anntonia won't be beside her anymore. 

Michelle traced Anntonia's face with her finger, as if trying to remember all her features. She loves the way Anntonia breath through her mouth sometimes, or maybe the pout she has almost all throughout while sleeping. Maybe even the peacefulness of Anntonia's face. Like how can an angel be on earth, sleeping besides Michelle? 

"Michelle" Anntonia whispered suddenly, making Michelle stopped tracing Anntonia's face with her fingers..

"Hmm?" Michelle asked.

"I love you"

Michelle chuckled. "I love you to baby"

Anntonia didn't answer, so Michelle thinks it's Anntonia, sleep talking. 

But Anntonia did snuggled closer to her, close enough for Michelle to feel Anntonia's breath on her neck. She pulled Anntonia closer, close as she could, and wrap around her arms around her, tight as safely as possible.

She closed her eyes, very much aware of still, Anntonia's breathing and her fears of waking up without Anntonia by her side.