As the general manager of the palace, General Manager Zhang came forward at the right time, "My lords, the prince is worried that the princess is weak, so he has skipped the worship ceremony. The prince will come back later to have a drink with all the adults."

That being said, drinking or not is still a different matter.

The people present are all smart people, how could they not understand.

Princess Qi is weak and she doesn't know how many days she can survive.

An Lianxi was also wondering whether he could survive today.

He was helped out of the sedan chair by servants of the palace and led all the way to the backyard and into the new house.

In the novel, 'An Lianxi' died on the night she got married.

This is how it is described in the original book.

[The man was as handsome as a god, but his eyes were as sharp as knives. The look he looked over seemed to contain an ice blade, which cut An Lianxi's heart to bleed. There was no need to get close, the almost suffocating evil spirit was frightening. In front of An Lianxi, he cut the black-clothed assassin's throat with a knife, causing him to feel palpitations. Then he asked the other party to approach him step by step with majesty, "Princess Qi, what crime should you face for harboring an assassin?"]

Recalling this episode, An Lianxi's hand unconsciously covered his heart.

Someone will assassinate King Qi tonight, and the assassin should be hiding in this new house at this time.

Thinking of this, An Lianxi felt difficulty breathing.

He had been struggling for a few days, and because he was too weak due to the cold last night, he was even more stimulated at this time. On the one hand, he was thinking about how to escape questioning and avoid death. On the other hand, he scolded King Qi for being such a violent guy. He would kill him if he wanted to, and even scare him.

An Lianxi was really scared. He didn't want to see dead people or die.

On the other side, Manager Zhang hurriedly walked into the backyard and entered the study.

The light in the room was bright, and the sunlight filtered in through the window lattice, shining on the tall figure standing by the window. It was coated with a layer of gold, and the whole body made people dare not look directly at it.

Manager Zhang lowered his eyes slightly, "Your Majesty, the auspicious time has passed, it's time to toast."

Xue Shiye did not look back.

Manager Zhang did not dare to say anything more. He just reminded him and left the study. The master was not here, so someone still had to greet the guests, so he couldn't neglect it.

Wait until he leaves.

The man's deep and mellow voice sounded leisurely, "Has the person been found?"

As soon as he finished speaking, a half-kneeling black figure quietly appeared in the room, "Your Majesty, I have searched everything under the cliff and found nothing."

Xue Shiye said nothing. The mask covering the face of the secret guard was vaguely wet with the sweat falling on his forehead, and his head lowered a little more. Time was running out, and they didn't have time to investigate extensively to avoid leaking the news that something happened to their prince here.

No one was found.

Xue Shizhi couldn't tell whether it was anger or something else.

She is obviously so delicate, she will cry if she touches her, and she will cry if she exerts too much force. He said that his whole body hurt, why did he run away instead of waiting for him to go back in the cave.