Which was exactly what they were doing right now.

       August swiftly put on the top as Grace lie on the girl's bed, gazing around at the posters that make up most of her walls before her eyes landed on some pictures at the side of her vanity, one that when came into view, resulted to a question. "Are you and Isaac done for good?"

       August attempted to not seem bothered by the words, avoiding the image that Grace was probably looking at while August buttoned her pants up. "Yes." She replied flatly, now fixing her hair, "For good."

       It was silent before Grace laughed at the seriousness, "I honestly don't believe that."

       "And why not?" August furrowed her eyebrows as she dragged out the word 'and'.

       Grace scoffed as if it was obvious, "Everyone knows you're not actually done with each other."

       "But we are."

       "But you're not."

       Grace flipped over to her stomach to examine August who was now all dressed up, finding that the clothes chosen were rightfully the best decision as she continued on. "People who are done with each other don't look at each other the way you and Isaac do. I always see you guys around school sneaking glances when the other one isn't looking, it's honestly getting sad."

       "We don't do that."  August refuse, sitting on the bed beside her. "It's just more complicated now."

       Grace sat up. "I need you to be honest with me, August."

       August nodded her head.

       "You're telling me that if Isaac were to ask you to try again, you would say no?"

Try again? They never even had something to try again for in the first place.

August let out a sigh at her statement, a sort of exhilaration rushing through her at the thought before she fixated her attention on Grace, possibly about to make the biggest mistake. "If I tell you something, do you swear not to tell anyone, at all?"

"Yes." Grace nodded rapidly at how significant the news seemed to might have been.

"No Grace, I mean it." August repeated. Grace had the reputation of a gossip so August didn't even know why she was telling her this in the first place.

"I will let you murder me if I do." Grace only replied. "But I won't, so tell me."

"We never dated."

Grace's features were spray-painted in confusion within seconds, not following along before she shook her head. "Wait what?"

"We were . . ." August began, now cringing at her words. "Fake dating."

"I'm sorry, what?" She shouted.

˖*°࿐ •*⁀➷

       August Thompson would never walk into a social event sober.