𓅪𝟬𝟭𝟯. epilogue cabins

════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════

TBOSAS ⋆ 🏹🐍🕊️. ♯
❝ LET'S HAVE A FAMILY TOGETHER. ❞
CHAPTER THIRTEEN ✧・゚

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
warning :  **MATURE CONTENT**

            THE CAPITOL OF PANEM LAYS BENEATH A PRISTINE BLANKET OF SNOW, the cold grip of winter tightening its hold on the city. It had been several months since (Y/N), Cassian, and Lucy Gray had managed to escape the clutches of Coriolanus. Now, in the heart of the woods, they found solace in a small cabin, hidden away from the reach of the Capitol's malevolent eyes.

          The trio had transformed the cabin into a haven, collecting wood, cultivating crops, and even nurturing a patch of Roses that added a touch of color to the otherwise monochrome landscape.

        Cassian, the cook of the house, had fashioned a makeshift stove from scavenged materials and the occasional creative use of found objects. The smell of freshly cooked meals wafted through the cabin, a comforting aroma that permeated the cold winter air.

           Peacekeepers relentlessly combed the woods daily, hunting for the fugitives who dared defy the Capitol's authority. The trio remained vigilant, relying on the watchful mockingjay birds to signal any approaching danger. The consequences of being captured were too dire to imagine, and they were determined to elude their pursuers.

         On this particular winter morning, (Y/N) stood outside, a blanket wrapped around her, humming a soft melody to the mockingjays perched in the nearby trees, fingers running over the ring on her finger.

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow.
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow."

          Her once short hair had grown longer, and subtle changes in her features reflected the passage of time. Two braids adorned her hair, and a ring on her fourth finger served as a constant reminder of the love she shared with Cassian.

"Lay down your head and close your eyes
And when they open, the sun will rise."

         Lucy Gray was away, gathering supplies from the covey. The winter breeze toyed with (Y/N)'s hair as she continued her tune, unaware of the approaching footsteps behind her. Her voice carries out through the environment around her, sometimes hearing it echo back also.

           She was so focused on the birds flying above her, also whistling along with her tune, that she wasn't ready for what happened next. Suddenly, a familiar pair of strong arms encircled her waist, and the comforting scent of eggs and toast filled the air.