𓅪 𝟎𝟎𝟏. the reaping day

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════

TBOSAS ⋆ 🏹🐍🕊️. ♯
❝ YOU CAN KISS MY ASS! ❞
CHAPTER ONE ✧・゚

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

   THE DULL CLOWDS ROLLED OVER THE SKIES OF PANEM, mirroring the state that the districts were in, and was the complete opposite to how the Capitol currently was. While the poorer people suffered, the Capitol continued their rain of terror, and turned a blind eye to the obvious suffering.

     Cassian Snow never took things for granted, being born in a rich family to come out as one of the poorer ones in the end, he learnt the hard way. Whenever he could, he would try to give back by cooking to his very few family members remining, especially his twin, his brother in blood, Coriolanus.

     But, it was very hard to do so when they couldn't even eat sometimes on days, and would have to find scraps just to get through to the next morning when the sun shines.

     Cass stood in front of the broken mirror inside his shared room with his brother, glancing over his reflection staring back at him with a frown. He pushed back his curly blonde locks off his forehead, watching as his bare chest slowly moves up and down to calm himself.

    He cringes a bit spotting a bug crawling along the floor, making him step back away from the mirror, lucky he was wearing boots and pants, but no shirt yet. He was waiting for their cousin, Tigris to get back from fixing their shirts,  as today was the day of the Reaping ceremony.

    "Cass!" He hears his brother calling from inside the kitchen, alerting the male who almost bumped into the metal cupboard behind him, "Tigris is back!"

     Bright blue eyes widened hearing Coriolanus' words, quickly fixing himself up one more time to move through the doors of the bathroom, down the hallway as his footsteps echo around the house. The faint sound of voices also mixed into the sound, coming from inside the kitchen.

     Tigris was straight away rushing towards the cook the house, a beaming smile across her face, "Cass, look!" She shows off the twins fathers dress shirts, them done up fancier to match the Capitol aesthetic, "I did it, and just in time!"

  Cass gently reaches up to grasp the edges of the shirt she handed to him, heart squeezing a bit inside his chest, "Thank you, Tig." His normal deep voice was softer, sending the girl a warmer smile, "It's beautiful."

    "Best cousin ever." Coriolanus pops up beside his brother wearing his shirt already, wrapping a playfully arm around Cassian's bare shoulder blade grinning at them both.

    Cassian pushed his slightly younger brother back by the face scoffing, taking off the dress shirt from the coathanger, "Anyway, tell us everything." He asked of Tigris, placing the hanger onto the table beside them.