𓅪𝟬𝟬𝟱. games begin

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════

TBOSAS ⋆ 🏹🐍🕊️. ♯
❝ IS THIS REAL? ❞
CHAPTER FIVE ✧・゚

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

        A WHISPER OF HER NAME THROUGH THE NIGHT BREEZE, woke (Y/N) up from her so called rest laying her head on Lucy Gray's shoulder, rubbing the sleep from her eyes trying to wake herself up. It wasn't the best rest she's ever had, since her mind was buzzing with too many thoughts about tomorrow, and a certain male whom's she hasn't seen since the rebel bombing.

       She carefully stood up from her place on the rocks, being mindful not to bump into anyone or step on hands, and picked up the ends of her jumpsuit dress, walking out around towards the fence at the back.

       A figure stood on the other side of the fence, that was barely lit up by the dull lights hanging off the bars, and whispered her name out again, waving their ringed hand around to grab her attention.

       Her own eyes went wide finally seeing who it was the more she got closer, and smiled in relief as Cassian came into view, looking just as relieved as she was seeing him. And because of that, she picked up her speed to run over to him quickly.

       When she arrived her chest was moving up and down fast, and gripped the fence with both hands tightly, where he was stood leant over a bit, "You're alive." She breathed out, "I was so worried when I couldn't find you afterwards-"

       Cassian shushed her softly returning the smile with a warm one of his own, fingers brushing along hers slowly, "M'alright, love." He rasped in a throaty voice, it dropping lower, "Those bombs. They have changed everything. They blew the walls out. So that means you can escape up in the stands."

       She listened to his explanation closely, sometimes flickering her gaze to their hands, or his eyes and back over to the tributes nervously, hoping if someone woke up it would be Lucy Gray or Jessup right now.

        "There's a hole down in the floor. It leads down to some tunnels. I've tried it, and you, and Lucy Gray can disappear down there." He continues to tell her in a whispering tone, "So the moment you hear that bell ring, you ignore the weapons in the middle and you run as fast as you can for that hole. You find a place to hide down below."

        Her forehead creased with a heavy frown, pursing her lips in thought for a second, "If I get a bow and arrow in hand, I'll make Lucy Gray's chances at winning higher." She retorted stubbornly, and fiddled with the end of her messy braid, "That's all that matters."

       He shakes his head rapidly, having to stop himself from reaching out to touch her by gripping the fence above where she was doing so, "No, (Y/N). The moment that bell rings, you can't trust anyone. You need to run with your sister, and stay put."