« 9 »

taegyu date that isn't a date ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Were you able to get a lot of work done?" Taehyun asked, packing up his things into his backpack. Beomgyu nodded. It was difficult for him to shift his mind away from Taehyun, but he comforted himself thinking about them drinking together later.

"What are you in the mood for?" Beomgyu asked with a soft smile on his face and Taehyun froze. So cute.

"A-anything." He cleared his throat, hoping it would clear his thoughts, "I-I'm good with whatever you want.. It was your idea anyways."

"Alright. My treat." Beomgyu spoke, adjusting his letterman jacket and leading the way to a restaurant.

Taehyun had to resist smiling to himself with excitement. He had practically spent the entire afternoon with Beomgyu, and now he was going to spend the evening with him too. It was almost too good to be true.

Middle School Taehyun would be so jealous of me right now. He thought as Beomgyu opened the door to the restaurant.

"After you, Hyun." Beomgyu spoke with a playful smirk, and Taehyun did his best to stay calm.

The two were finally seated at a table across from each other. Beomgyu took one glance at the prices on the menu and decided he needed to get a campus job immediately. Fuck... my wallet's about to take a hit.

"Preferred soju?" Beomgyu asked, looking up at Taehyun as the male looked over the menu.

"Peach." Taehyun responded before backtracking, "B-but if you want something else, I'm okay with that."

"Hyun. We're here to have drinks. It's not like your preference would get you in trouble." Beomgyu laughed and Taehyun smiled with embarrassment.

"I know we've been apart for a long time, but you still feel the same to me." Beomgyu spoke. "You never cared about trying to please others, but I was different. Wasn't I?" Taehyun tensed up at how Beomgyu was reading him, "It still feels like you're trying to protect me."

These fucking butterflies are back. "Yeah." Taehyun admitted. "People would take advantage of your kindness Gyu. I bet even now they still try to."

Beomgyu winced a bit. "I'm not that kind." He spoke. Out of the two of us, you were clearly the more genuine person. My kindness was to make myself feel better. Beomgyu thought back to how often he tried to appease his friends buying them things with money he didn't have.

After a moment, the two placed their orders and waited for their food to be served.

"So." Beomgyu began, wanting to ease into Taehyun's past, but realizing he couldn't think of a way that'd make it flow smoothly, "What was your other school like?"

He poured himself a shot of soju and Taehyun followed suit. The two of them drinking the sweet yet bitter alcohol.

Taehyun thought about it, "Hmm.. it was just an average high school. Except I had to start over and make new friends, and that was kind of difficult."