★ New Year's Special

The small group of nations were spread out, merrily discussing as a low chatter filled the room.

Alfred's New Year parties were- well, used to be a regular thing, but the pandemic had caused issues. It's fine, though, because he's bringing it back!

Alcohol, snacks, and other drinks were spread out nearly on the gigantic table, and had a constant flow of people grabbing something to eat.

The large TV had the New York City news playing with reporters covering the few hours before the ball drop. Some people stood around watching as fun, party tunes played on the speakers surrounding them.

"ALRIGHT GUYS! As we enjoy the last few hours of 2023, I'd like y'all to tell everyone in the room about your favorite moments and events from this year!"

Alfred's voice boomed above the talking, and soon enough, the group of people began sharing stories and laughing.

"It was pretty funny when Arthur-san became... frustrated over the new slang, as you call it."

Laughter erupted from the room as Arthur blushed.

"When Francis tried to wear a chicken costume and scare Gilbert!"

"When Ludwig tried to throw the ball to Feliciano but instead broke the window!"

"Alfred talking about throwing Arthur's tea in the harbor!"

If America wasn't laughing already, by now he definitely was.

Laughter, dancing, chaos, and buildup suspense kept the mood and atmosphere of the party enthusiastic and enjoyable. The passing hours were packed with fun, competition, and humor.

The rewind talk, just like the one previously, brought laughs, tears, smiles, and emotions as the various nations recalled the things that had happened throughout the year.

Once that was over, the competitions began! From the epic foosball battles to the ping pong ones, everyone was eager to show their skills and win a prize.

And then, the board games. Risk, Catan, Monopoly... they should be banned around nations, but they manage to make it around anyway.

After a while of playing, games ended with defeated souls, confident winners, and overall... madness. So... at nearly 11, what better way is there to fix that than karaoke?!

To simply put it, most nations were phenomenal singers. They can sing many different types and all, but are the best at songs created in their country.

The karaoke set had two microphones, allowing for solos, duets, and groups (if they shared the mics).

For the next half an hour, there were many who came and sang, with some in their native languages.

To end it off, they all gathered to sing the final song of 2023...

"(The song of your choice!)"

With less than 10 minutes left till 2024, they sat around discussing resolutions and things happening in the upcoming year. (Cue many countries not prepared for their elections)

With phones streaming the Times Square ball drop, the nations stepped outside, finding a clear spot to view fireworks from the rooftop or ground.

And then, the countdown!

10! (to all of the previous years)

9! (to this year)

8! (to the things that happened this year)

7! (to anyone we lost this year)

6! (to any pain we experienced this year)

5! (to the things we learned this year)

4! (to the things we accomplished this year)

3! (to the things we felt this year)

2! (to the upcoming year,)

1! (may it bring peace, and unity.)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────
CHARACTERS
America - Alfred F Jones
England - Arthur Kirkland
Many other countries but these names were mentioned

A/N
I'm publishing this before ANY timezone has hit January 1st, 2024. I CHECKED! But here's the thing- this is the only time I can post it and y'all can enjoy it before the new year and after!

The song they all sang is up to you, as well as the kareoke and stuff. This is supposed to represent the new year and not just Alfred so... welp.

Originally, it was complaning about America's elections, but then I looked it up, and holy god- there's SO MANY ELECTIONS IN 2024. And while yes, the elections this year may be... interesting, I wanted to include all nations. I randomly thought of how weird and crazy world affairs and stuff will be. Then again, I'm not expert on politics.

Anyways... I'm back, and I hope this new year brings a lot of good things for you! I hope I'll be able to share more of my stories and expand this community.

So, once again, Happy New Year! Here's to 2024.

Requests on chapter 1!
────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────