Kiara tightly shut her eyes, bracing herself for the pain. She heard the sound of the vase shattering, but surprisingly, she didn't feel any pain. Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, she let go of the nurse and slowly turned around.

A six-foot-tall man stood behind her, shielding her. Blood dripped from his hand, and she could feel his hot breath near her face. Undoubtedly handsome, she noticed a small scar on his right eyebrow.

"Are you stupid?" he asked, his voice deep yet calming. His frown deepened when Kiara didn't say anything and kept staring at him.

"Because this is stupidity..." he added.

"You... you did the same thing?" Kiara blurted out without thinking. Her eyes widened at what she just said and quickly smacked her palm over her mouth.

He raised an eyebrow at her amused at her words, his eyes scanned her face before correcting his posture.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry, I... I'm really sorry... Are you alright, sir?" she shuttered, her eyes widening as she saw his bloodied hand. He nodded before turning to the security guards.

"You both are fired! Now take the man away!" He ordered, making Kiara flinch a little.

The security guards quickly obeyed his command and escorted the man away. Kiara was still trying to process what had just happened, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Are you hurt?" The man's concern was genuine, despite the authoritative tone in his voice.

Kiara shook her head, finally finding her voice. "No, I'm fine. Thank you for... for saving me," she stammered, feeling a mix of emotions-relief, gratitude, and a hint of embarrassment at her initial shock.

The man gave her a reassuring nod before turning to the nurse. "Are you alright?" he asked, his voice softer this time. The nurse nodded, visibly shaken but unharmed.

Kiara watched as he calmly addressed the situation, taking charge effortlessly. His presence demanded attention and respect.

"Thank you, Doctor...?" Kiara trailed off, realizing she didn't know his name.

"Dr. Arjun Mehra," he replied, a faint hint of a smile softening his otherwise stern expression.

"Y... you're hurt," she said, staring at his injured hand. Arjun glanced at it before fixing his gaze back on Kiara.

He was about to say something when another lady doctor interrupted them. "Dr. Mehra, let me treat your hand," she said with a soft smile, but Arjun didn't even shift his gaze from Kiara.

"She owes me her life, let her treat my wounded hand," he said, still staring at the little girl in front of him, who was scared to the core.

"But she's just an intern-"

"That doesn't matter; she's a medical student and she must know how to clean and dress an injury. Right? Miss?" He raised an eyebrow at her, waiting for her to say something.

Kiara inhaled a deep breath and nodded. "Kiara Tiwari," she answered, her voice barely audible, showing her nervousness.

"Very well, Ms. Tiwari, lead the way."

Arjun settled himself on the couch and glanced at Kiara, who was busy finding the materials to treat his wounds.

As Kiara gathered the necessary materials to treat Dr. Mehra's wounded hand, her hands trembled slightly, a mix of nerves and the adrenaline rush from the recent incident still coursing through her.

Dr. Mehra observed her with a calm demeanor, noting her unease. "Relax, Ms. Tiwari," he said in a calm tone. "This isn't an operation; it's just a minor injury."

An Innocent Crush ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें