Chapter Fifteen: Water Pt. 2

"Are you seriously considering fighting him?!". Rose shouted. "You don't know what he's capable of! All we know is that he's a water demon". People looked at her like she was a mad person. After all she was yelling at Jay outside of the dinner, a to-go bag was in her hand.

"But I gotta know what he knows!". He shouted back. "Rose, I spent half of my life wondering why I have these abilities, why did I became a demon. And now I'll finally get those answers". He looked at the floor, his hands nails digging into his skin as he clenched, forming a fist.

"What if you don't get them, what if it isn't what you're looking for". She said calmly.

"I'm... not sure". He said even though he'd hate to admit she was right.

"I'm coming with you and I don't care about what you say!". She exclaimed. He looked at her, his thoughts running around in his head.

"Rose you don't have to,". He said.

"I said, I don't care. Water demons can never be fair in a fight, they always got tricks up their sleeves". She explained and she was right. Water demons as much as the other elemental like demons can never play in a fight as they always want the tides to turn in their favor. Jay let out a sigh as he has no knowledge of water demons or any demon that uses elemental abilities.

What makes this situation worse on Jay's part is the fact that he uses fire magic. He's not a fire demon, just fire based and he's not really skilled in fire spells either. This was a huge disadvantage either way and he wasn't sure on what to do at this moment. Rose was being super over protective about this, she sure has a thing against water demons for some reason. It's best not to ask her as it might set her off. Akuji never told him what time to meet him, he just said to meet him.

...

Akuji was sitting on a tree stump which was located by the lake. He was feeling dismayed at the moment. Was this worth it? That is the question he asked himself. He did this many times, hunted down his 'siblings' and fought them and all of them fell, leaving their abilities in his hands. So then why was he feeling different right now? Why was he doubting himself? What made this different? He was gonna fight Jay and take his abilities and he didn't care if they weren't compatible with his body, he deserved them and a human didn't. So he shook his head, shrugging off those doubts and waited for his opponent to arrive.

The water bubbled and a creature was walking out of the lake. A fellow water demon. It was a girl with skin as dark as chocolate but with blue marks on her face and all the way down to her arms. They looked beautiful, like the clear blue water on those tropical islands. Her eyes were the color garnet. Could that be considered a color? That's how Akuji would describe them as he was very fond of gemstones.

Her long white curly silky hair reached her shoulders. The ends had a cyan fade. 2 black horns with blue tips and white stripes were sticking out of her head. They weren't as small as Rose's or Jay's but not as big as Akuji's horns. They were medium sized with one gold clamp around it. Her outfit consisted of a white dress that had short sleeves with gold designs on it. A black mesh see-through jacket, a golden necklace with a sapphire gemstone, she had no shoes on though just bandages. She had a smile on her face but it grew into worry as she saw Akuji deep in thought, he noticed her and a smile was plastered on her face.

"Anahita, why have you come?". He said and walked over to her, his hands placed on her waist.

"I've come to see you as it's our meet up spot? Is this a bad time? What troubles you?". She asked. All he did was smile softly.

"No it's not a bad time,". He said softly. "I found another one of my 'siblings' and we were to fight as I challenged him, but... I'm unsure about this fight". He looked away slightly. Anahita's worried face turned into a small, kind caring smile as she put her hand on his cheek.