Chapter Thirteen: Destined

The mall was an eventful day, Jay got new clothes as the one he was wearing was starting to stink up. Wasn't fun. Rose on the other hand... bought comics of milfs or hot women with big boobs. Jay was judging her silently as she happily carried the bags of other items she bought. His mind still felt fuzzy as he scratched the back of his head as he slowly started to feel fidgety as he started to put his hand on his stomach and scratch it.

"What's bothering you?". Rose asked. He looked at her.

"You must know me that well huh,". He laughed a little.

"One, you're fucking smile and being happy which is creepy. Two, you're scratching your stomach aka a sign of fidgeting". She said. "Ya need a fidget toy?". He glared at her.

"A fidget toy? How about I pop that small head of yours". He said as he pinched her cheek and pulled it.

"Ow!! That hurts!". She whined.

"That's what you get!". He exclaimed.

"Asshole!". She exclaimed. Jay let off her chubby cheeks. She put her hands on her red cheeks.

"So you gonna open up?". She asked. He looked at her then decided to sit down on the benches that were next to the bushes for decoration. Sometimes they were next to the map of the mall. The small demon sat next to him and looked at him, waiting for the other demon to say something.

"Remember a while back when everyone was fighting?". He asked.

"Yea, even the dragons got involved when it was between the demons, some humans and other creatures I don't even remember". She said. Jay took a heavy sigh.

"Well, I was dealing with another situation in another area. A cold area". He started. "I started reminiscing about that thing, but It was like I saw it differently through someone's eyes,". Confusion plastered on Rose's face, she didn't understand this bit might as well hear him out.

"Well whose eyes did you see it through?". She asked again.

"Ren's,". He answered. Her eyes widened.

"Ren's?! How?! He's sealed away!". She exclaimed, shock filled her mind.

"I can't explain it but,". He lifted his bangs that were covering his eyes. The shock on Rose's face grew. Green eyes but his left eye was red and surrounding it was black skin. It looked similar to what was surrounding Rose's right eye.

"I remember back then that eye was red but I don't remember black skin around it,". She spoke.

"Ren wasn't sealed, he was scattered,". He said.

"And how do you know this?". She asked skeptically.

"Well he's in my dream in the form of a caterpillar telling me he's scattered, during me reminiscing, I saw that Ren was getting sealed but he didn't resist. He was actually doing a spell to scatter his soul? I don't understand it. Plus this thing started appearing after I woke up I assume". He said then looked up. There were many theories to the skin surrounding his eye but the ones that came out of his mouth sure sounded stupid.

"Well... maybe if Ren supposedly scattered, part of him or well demonic energy entered into your eye". She suggested. "And if you could see through his eyes then you could find what part of him is scattered and destroy them!". This plan sounded smart coming from Rose out of all people, which was surprising.

"Honestly, I would love to get this nightmare over with but finding his scattered pieces is honestly better left alone, he might try to pull some trick or manipulate me... or see through my eyes if he could". Jay put his hand on his eye. "I don't wanna go through all of that again". Rose put her hand on her shoulder in a form of comfort.