Chapter Three: Old friends

"Ray?...".

Jay was shocked and confused, the person he was looking at. It couldn't be him right? Right? The person or Ray looked at Jay with eyes widened which slowly changed with a look of anger.

Ray was a pale guy, around 5 '7-5' 9 and around the age of 19-21. He had white hair with blue fade. 2 black horns that curl back a little like dragon horns. Gold eyes with his right eye that has a white pupil and his left eye with a black pupil. He was wearing a black scarf around his neck, a black jacket over his black and white shirt. He had a utility belt around his waist. Black cargo pants and combat boots.

There was a moment of silence in the room until it was broken by Ray punching Jay in the face, he put his hands on his face then Ray grabbing him and slamming him against the wall.

"How did you get out?!". Ray shouted. Jay looked him in the eyes. All he could see was anger and only anger. A small patch of ice formed on the collar of Jay's hoodie due to Ray's magic.

"Well?! Got anything to say?!". Ray shouted again, the no response just made Ray more angry.

"I... ". That was all Jay could muster out in response. Ray wanted to hit him, kick and punch him. He wanted to throw him across the room and freeze him, stab him. He wanted to harm Jay so badly. Brutalize him. He wanted to make him bleed.

"Tch,". Ray sighed and let him go, he turned around. He walked towards the main desk and put his hand on his face in frustration and anger. Anger was the only thing.

"Hey Ray, maybe we should turn this one in or show him to the boss?". Raff suggested.

"And what? Let him join?". Ray asked. "If anything he should be back where he belonged". He crossed his arms and looked at Raff. Cold air was coming out of his mouth.

"I meant Jail, and he would go the long way to join the business". Raff responded. Jay slumped onto the floor. He looked at the 2 talking, Ray and Raff the one with black mask talking about something, he didn't wanna be here though. He looked down at the floor. He felt awkward. He looked around the place. It wasn't big or small, it was medium. There was a desk where you first walked in, there was a lady at the desk. The desk had a few computers, around 3-6 that had a small machine connected to the case.

She looked like an elf. She was a blonde with light brown eyes and tan skin. She was wearing this formal outfit with white and black with some blueish greenish color for the lining. There was a belt around her waist with small weapons around it. She was really pretty and seemed kind. There were also a few other people at this desk besides this elf, they were giving these other workers or bounty hunters their pay for claiming the bounties.

The rest of the inside of the building. There was a seating area in front of the desk, it was huge and took up one part of the building. There were about 5-7 chairs. Next to the desk there was a job board with papers and pictures of people/monsters who were wanted. In the 2nd part of the building, this part was a bar area. There were tables and chairs. There was a bar of course with stools. People/beings were there drinking, talking or sitting alone reading a list or chilling. Calm music was playing from a jukebox. Now behind the job board were stairs that lead to an upstairs area, there were a few does. Perhaps this was a living area or an inn.

Ray and Raff finish talking and Raff walks towards the lady and gives her the orb. She took it and put it in a slot. She scanned it and the file along with the price was pulled up on her computer screen.