Chapter Four: Help & Thoughts

It was the middle of the night, Jay was sleeping well trying to sleep but something was plaguing him. Nightmares. He shuffled around the sheets, sweat running down his head, muttering in his sleep, his head turning around side from side. His eyes shot open and he woke up gasping. He looked around the room, it was normal and he sighed in relief. As he looked around he saw a familiar figure sitting by the window. He jumped, then he got a closer look. It was Rose. His face went from relief to annoyed, so he threw a pillow.

"What the fuck?!". Rose yelled.

"Why are you still here?!". Jay yelled back.

"I don't have a place to stay duh!". She responded.

"Then find a place!". He yelled back again.

"No,". She replied. "That's too much work".

"God I hate you, lazy ass". Jay muttered then turned around and faced the closet. He closed his eyes as an attempt to fall asleep. Then something small jumped on the bed, like an animal small. He turned around again to see a small cat. He was confused. The cat was small like one of those munchkin cats/scottish fold munchkin, it was light brown with a black spot around it's right eye. Its eyes had a light gray right eye with a cross and a red eye. There was a black spot on its left front paw. It was really cute. It gave a cute meow.

"Rose?". He asked.

The cat meowed and rolled on its back.

"What kind of Yoruichi bullshit,". He commented. Then closed his eyes again trying to sleep. The cat or Rose was moving around on the bed and nibbling on her paw. He sighed and rolled on his back. He was thinking about something and that something was the nightmare. He looked at the small cat just messing around.

"Hey Rose,". He spoke. "Do you think things are still the same?". Rose stretched and her form started to change from the small cat to her human form. (That sounded cringe time to cry).

"From before you disappeared?". She asked.

"Yea,". He responded.

"Well, change happens, you can't stop it. Sure there are times where life feels boring and nothing hasn't changed yet". She said.

"Is... she really... alive?". He asked.

"Sherry? I... don't know. A while back I did sense her aura". Rose explained.

"But I saw her body, her lying in a pool of blood". Jay said. Rose got up and stretched.

"Look, the world now is crazy. Creatures that never appeared before are appearing now. Life and death are like a coin flip.". She explained.

"What?". He asked.

"The dragon? Never appeared before you disappeared. It appeared now". She explained.

"Shorty dragons have been around for a long time,". He said.

"I'm short and I can beat your ass like I did yesterday,". Rose said as she turned around and puffed her cheeks up and made a Humpf! Noise. She was pouting.

"You pouty demon,". He commented. Rose smacked Jay in the face with her tail 3 times.

"Ow!". He yelled. He looked at her and gave her a glare then sighed.

"Do you have a Job?". She asked.

"No, I don't even have a fucking phone or laptop". Jay replied. He crossed his arms and looked towards the window.