🌞Chapter 37🌻

🌞

His cold head didn't even attempt to fall asleep. Mew dumbly stared at the dark skies slowly lightning up.

The person next to him shifted a few times. Every time, he was surprised and gathered his shoulders. He checked again and again to make sure that he was still sleeping, and sighed in relief.

As he looked at the profile, who seemed to be comfortably asleep, he wondered what the hell just
happened. He had been shaken up, like a storm.

Was it just a mean joke? Mew had no experience of the sort, but did boys touch each other just for fun occasionally?

If not, did he mistaken him for someone else...? How was he supposed to face him when he woke
up? Would Gulf be able to remember at all? He was completely wasted.

Could he just ignore that this happened? If he asked...He thought that they couldn't even remain as friends at that point.

He slowly pulled out of the blanket. He rolled the dirty pants and pulled off the shirt into a ball and shoved them inside his pocket, and changed into new ones. It was a relief at least that Gulf wasn't undressed.

If he touched him, he might open his eyes. Mew cleaned up after himself so that it looked like nothing happened. He pulled away from Gulf, and pulled the sleeping bag over his head.

🌞🌻

He suddenly opened his eyes at the loud footsteps stomping around the hallway outside. He must have fallen asleep at some point. When he hurriedly got up, his eyes crashed into Gulf, who seemed to have woken up first. It shocked him.

"Did... did you sleep well?"

His voice sounded tight, as if it were not his voice. Gulf presed his forehead with one hand and shortly replied, yeah.

He thought he couldn't calm down unless he did something, so he leaped to his feet and cleaned the sleeping bag that he had slept on.

"You didn't go yesterday, so go ahead and bath first. I'll give you some towels."

Mew kept shifting his gaze, so that he didn't have to look at Gulf's face. Even when he handed the towel over to him, Mew didn't look at Gulf. After sending him off to bath, as if kicking him off,

Mew hurriedly cleaned the blanket that Gulf slept on, and took out the suit that Gulf can change into.

As soon as Gulf came back, he went to take a bath also. When Mew returned, Gulf had finished changing into his suit and was sitting next to the table, watching TV.

"Aren't you hungry?"

"Not really…"

"Shall we go outside to grab something to eat?"

"Should we?"

He hurriedly dried his wet hair and picked up his wallet.

"When do you plan to go back, P'Gulf?"

"It'll be best for me to return as soon as possible."

At his thorny words, Mew  turned to look at him, not knowing what to do.

"I have work starting in the afternoon today. I have to go now. Sorry for troubling you."

His tone suddenly softened.

"Will you do that?"

He thought he had just imagined his cold voice moments before. He thought Gulf was his normal self. However, the relief was short, as Gulf grabbed his suitcase and hurriedly walked towards the exit.

"I'll take you there"

"It's fine; I'm not a kid. I'll go by myself."

That's what he said, but something troubled him. There was something off about Gulf's attitude. He couldn't tell if he was angry or not.

"Then I'll see you later. This is far enough."

If he says that, he couldn't follow him. He said goodbye to Gulf from his room and hurriedly ran to the windows. He saw Gulf's back running across the other side of the sidewalk. It faded out, and quickly became tiny so he couldn't see him any longer.

TBC