🌞Chapter 6🌻

🌻

As the weather forecast predicted, Saturday that got buried in the valley between chilly airs succumbed to rain showers. Pretty newscaster smiled at Gulf, saying that some places might become sunny again towards the afternoon, but it didn't help him. It was still depressing.

Continuous tiredness called sleep, but when he slept he had nightmares.

When Gulf finally snapped awake and hurriedly grabbed the alarm clock above his head, he had already slept more than two hours than the time he had intended to wake up.

He rushed washing up and wore a thin black sweater and brown pants.

He checked the train schedule that he had brought home yesterday once again. Already all the morning trains were gone, so he decided to hurry a little and eat at the restaurants near the station, and then take the first
afternoon train.

He put on the coat and opened the front gates. However, pouring rain made Gulf freeze. It was a terrible rain storm that blurred even the spot right in front of him. It was practically a water pillar.

I have no luck.

Muttering to himself, he took the umbrella that he kept next to his front door. He briefly considered
taking the taxi, but it was a ridiculously short distance between his home and the station. When he
stepped out determinedly, even that made the bottom of his brown pants wet by soaking up the rain.

He gathered himself into a bundle and walked, carefully avoiding the water puddles. But that worked only for a few minutes. He hadn't walked even twenty meters before the bottom half of his pants were so wet that they wouldn't pull away from his legs.

A white car that approached him from behind slowed down when it passed Gulf, and then stopped
right in front of him. It honked lightly.
Gulf didn't realize that it was honking at him.

🌞🌻

"P'Gulf."

The window rolled down, and someone waved at him from inside.

"Are you heading to the station?"

Mew looked at him as if he didn't care that the widely opened window let in the huge raindrops that wet his face and shirt. Gulf slowly walked to the car and held his umbrella near it unconsciously.

"This is some rain. I'll take you to the station; please get in."

If it didn't rain, if he didn't feel depressed about visiting his sick relative, if he didn't have the nightmare that woke him up like that this morning, Gulf had no intention of getting on Mew's car that would make him feel so uncomfortable. But he felt so pathetic while hugging a mountain of bad feelings, getting soaked while he creeped to the station, so Gulf didn't want to walk in the rain any
longer.

"Sorry...But you just have to take me to the station."

When Gulf said that while getting in the car, Mew gave him a small smile.

"What a rain."

Water ran down at the tip of the folded umbrella and made a small puddle by Gulf's feet.

"I was heading to the bookstore near the station. It's within walking distance, but I didn't want to get
wet since it was raining so much."

The wiper busily pushed away the water that flowed down the front glass, left and right.

Gulf numbly stared ahead of him. When he sat still like that without moving, he felt the wet cloth that  became cold. Mew seemed to mind Gulf trembling, because he turned on the heater.

The road to the station was busy with traffic, and inside of the car became warm. Gulf had no intention of doing so, but he closed his eyes briefly.

TBC