🌞Chapter 22

🌞

The newbie couldn’t even differentiate between left and right, but Gulf whole-heartedly took care
of him and taught him things he did not know, even if he had to teach him the same thing over and over again. He never acted bothered, nor annoyed with questions.

He thought that he wanted to become a person like Gulf. So when he got an underclassmen of his own, he wanted to persistently help them out until the end, without being bothered by them.

Early in his life, he had people around him who had good personality, so they were not bad people, but they were cold to him. He resolved to himself that he would not become like that.

He wasn’t sure himself when he realized that his admiration of Gulf was actually a romantic feeling.

In his third year, he was transferred to another branch of their company. Mew looked for a senior worker or co-worker who was like Gulf, but he failed to find anyone like that.

In his sixth year of working, he finally managed to come back to his older branch. He went around, saying hello to his senior workers, and he ran into Gulf again. It had been three years.

When he recognized him and bowed his head to him, Gulf softly smiled.
"I’m happy to work together with you again."

It was only meant to be a nice, social thing to say, but he was so happy that tips of his fingers trembled. He couldn’t tear his eyes away from Gulf’s back, who was called away by the team manager.

"Maybe this is love."

He was slow, so he finally understood this situation after six years have passed.

Perhaps it would’ve been better if he never realized that it was love. No matter how much he thought about it, there was nothing he could do.

However, he couldn’t stop himself from looking at Gulf who did not look back at him, and he couldn’t deny his feelings, either.

At first, he had absolutely no intention to confess to him. That day, they were returning from company dinner and were walking and making small talks, just two of them. It made him so happy, but the profile who faced forward and refused to look at him made him long for him so much.

He continued to pray to the turned back, "please look back at me." He ended up spilling the words, I love you. He had no idea that he would regret this so, so many times, wishing that he had never said anything.

He would’ve been a moron if he had not expected it, but after he had confessed, Gulf harshly refused him. Gulf was a completely normal man, and he definitely did not welcome confession from another man. He was told that his gaze was disgusting, and he was ignored. He grew to hate himself, thinking that he was a nasty, perverted man. However…

Gulf was Gulf, after all. He tried to ignore him, but in the end, he couldn’t completely do so. He seemed fed up with his stupid underclassman, but while bitterly smiling, he had reached out to him.

They drove around together, and took photographs. Gulf, who became closer to him before, was by his side.

Listening to his words, he would hug his knees and laugh.…He was so happy that he felt faint.

Such dream-like happiness was shortly cut off after only a few months, because of his call to the main office. At the branch office’s Goodbye Party, he still had regrets about Gulf. Since he was totally
wasted, as if leaning on his kindness, he said that he wanted to kiss him.
It was a foolhardy wish. He had been refused. Of course. But when he said he wanted it for the second time, he had not been refused. At first, he was shaking so much. However, his desire didn’t allow him to simply end with their lips touching.

He changed the angle again and again, pressing their lips together. By the time his tongue touched Gulf’s, it was like a total dream. He greedily clung onto him, and then his head cooled and he realized his behavior and hurriedly pulled away. He was like a beast that changes expression and
jumps at the food offered to it. His own slyness made him so embarrassed that he couldn’t look at Gulf in the face.

He had received that first and last kiss as a so-called goodbye gift. He felt guilty and uncomfortable about it, so he couldn’t call him. However, when he heard Gulf’s voice, he realized that he was hungry for that voice more than anything else. How come he couldn’t stay by his side? He became so anxious that it felt like his insides were burning up. He wanted to stay with him, and listen to him talk, and gaze at his smiling face…

He knew only too well that it was a one-sided affair. No matter how he thought about Gulf, Gulf had absolutely no interest in that way. He had only been bearing with him as an upperclassman. He knew that. But even that was more than enough, so…

"I want to go back as soon as possible."

He wanted to meet Gulf. It had been a month and a half since he came to the city. Until the one year session ended, over ten months still remained.

TBC