🌞Chapter 8🌻

🌞🌻

Gulf kept telling him that he just had to take him to the station, but Mew kept asking Gulf the hospital's name, and he stubbornly ignored Gulf's words by saying "But still...", and brought him all the way to the hospital entrance. To Mew who parked his car near the entrance, Gulf had no choice but to thank him.

"Sorry about that."

It was an uncomfortable debt that Gulf didn't want. Even if it was the worst drive in his life, Mew ended up driving the car for over two hours just for Gulf.

"I'm the one who's sorry about being stubborn."

It was a weird conversation. Just hearing it, you wouldn't know who drove whom.

"How are you going to return?"

Mew asked when Gulf touched the door lock to get off the car.

"I'm going to return by train."

"I shall wait here."

"I'm fine."

He was starting to be really annoyed, so that's what he said, but Mew still clung to him tenaciously.

"I have to go back anyway, so that's why I'm offering to do that."

Gulf pulled away from the door lock and hunched up.

"…I don't know when I'm going to be returning. It'll be boring for you to wait hours and hours, and I don't want you to do that."

"That doesn't matter at all; I shall wait. If...you...hate me that much, then you don't have to talk to me, and you may just sleep on our way back."

If you know I hate you that much, then why don't you just go back by yourself already! Gulf was already beyond being angry at clinging Mew; at this point he started to feel amused.

"So...what's that. You're going to take good advantage of me sleeping and do naughty things to me or something?"
Gulf muttered, a condescending smirk on his lips.

Mew's expression suddenly froze.

"I'd never do something like that to you."

A strong denial. Gulf also realized right away that 'his words were too much.'

He didn't really think that Mew would do something like that. He was so persistent that he accidentally put his foot in his mouth.

"Anyway, go ahead alone. Thanks for today."

Saying that, Gulf got out of the car, as if running away. The rain had eased off somewhat compared to this morning, but it was still strong. He didn't want to waste even the time to open his umbrella, so he ran to the hospital entrance. In his hurry he nearly crashed into the hunched, elderly lady who was on her way out, so Gulf hurriedly moved away to the right.

For the first time today, he thought it was a good thing that it was raining today. No one thought it was strange, even if he ran away. He took a deep breath, and Gulf slowly entered the hospital.

It did concern him though, after all, so he turned back just once to look at him. He saw a white car standing all by itself in the parking lot right in front of the building. But he couldn't see Mew's face all the way from here.

TBC