🌞Chapter 29

🌞

On Friday, he didn't want to be late to his dinner with Gulf at 7 PM no matter what, so he asked Miyata if he could work at the office. When they worked outside, often they couldn't finish on time because of their business partner's schedule.

It worried him a little that as soon as he got to work, he saw Kaownah being called to the team manager and being yelled at. However, while he was thinking about the coming-up dinner, he forgot all about that.

Today, he was going to meet Gulf. Just thinking about it made his fingers dance on the keyboard lightly, and his lips curled up into a smile. It was after a long time had passed that Mew looked at Kaownah again.

Just like the time he first saw him, had his head pathetically lowered in front of the team manager. He started to get concerned about the reason why he would be scolded for such a long time.

Even if they were working individually, two of them were technically a team. If there was a mistake, he was responsible, too. He kept starting at Kaownah's back, which was facing the team manager.
He happened to meet his eyes with the woman worker who was sitting next to him.

"Kaownah messed up really badly."

She whispered in a small voice. Mew had no idea what was going on, so he titled his head. Her face got closer, as if pushing her body forward, and she lowered her voice.

"Oh, you wouldn't have known, Mew, since you were working outside lately. Last week, one chunk of our shipping order disappeared. We got lots of complaint phone calls about how their order never got shipped, and when we looked into it, it turned out to be Kaownah's fault....It was only small companies so the orders weren't too large. We managed to ship out products in the storage center, so it wasn't too bad, but one of the companies got really angry. They threatened to cancel our contract, so it was a big problem soothing them. That's what happened so far."

Kaownah was finally freed from the team manager, and sighing heavily, he returned to his desk. He turned to the woman worker that Mew had been talking with just now, sticking his tongue out so that the team manager wouldn't catch him. He lightly complained.

"Holy cow, I'm not a kindergartener. If I heard it once, even if I were a monkey, I'd get it. If he had the strength to complain, complain and complain for over an hour, he should use that energy for something more productive."

"Kaownah, you don't seem sorry at a----ll. I answered those angry phone calls, too, you know."

"I'm so~rry, I'll make it up to you by buying you something yummy next time. So forgive me?"

"Oh well, it can't be helped. The deed's already done…"

She seemed half tired of him as she shrunk her shoulders. Kaownah headed to his desk right away. It seemed that he pressed the enter key or switched monitors, because he heard the beepingelectronical sound.

"You must have felt good, since I caused problems."

It was definitely a man's voice. Mew slowly turned his head left to right. Everyone seemed hard at work, and no one was side-glancing at him. But he didn't hear wrong. The snide comment was definitely from Kaownah.

Kaownah's face remained impassive. Following the rhythm with ends of his mouth, he cheerfully tapped away at the keyboard. The office atmosphere felt a little heavy for some reason, so Mew got up from his chair, intending to rest a little. When he glanced at Kaownah as he left the room, even though the central air was running so that it felt a little chilly, Kaownah's forehead had faint traces of sweat.

TBC