🌻Chapter 19

🌻

It was 2 AM in the morning when he got back to his room. When Gulf returned, he plopped down on the couch and stared at the shapes on the ceiling. Mew is gone. It wasn't a big deal, and he'll return after one year.

He realized that he became strangely emotional and strongly shook his
head. He shouldn't be spacing out. He'll be in trouble tomorrow if he doesn't quickly bathe and go to
bed.

Gulf managed to stand up from the couch to take a bath. However, his feet didn't manage to take him all the way to the bathroom. He stopped right in front of the bookshelf.

There was a large file case inside the bookshelf. When he grabbed it and opened it, the contents spilled out to the floor.

Mountain of photos that he didn't manage to organize. He picked them up, one by one.

Pictures that Mew took. Mountain, ocean, river and sky. Few photos of Gulf. He put them away in the case. There was just one picture of Mew.

Gulf took that picture after borrowing the camera from Mew. The camera was heavy, so the shutter shook. Mew's smiling face was smeared and out of focus. Come to think of it, he
couldn't see Mew's smiling face today. No, Hirose had been smiling all this time. But...He just didn't smile for him...

When he was looking at the pictures, he wanted to meet Mew for no reason. They had been walking together just now, and he had nothing special to tell him, so he himself had no idea
why he wanted to see him all of a sudden. Next time they meet is one year later. Gulf suddenly became angry so he tore up Mew's smeared picture and threw it away. He ripped up every single scenery picture from the mountain of photos, too.

Gulf couldn't figure himself out as he threw away the torn pieces and wondered why he was being so stupid. Come to think of it, didn't he do the same thing before? At that time...

"That's not even funny..."

His windows creaked from the bluster of wind. He didn't feel like bathing, either, so he decided to go to bed. He walked towards the window and confirmed that it was locked. He started to pull the curtains closed and happened to look outside. He thought he saw a person's shadow.

Gulf doubted his eyes. His eyes met the shadow's gaze. The shadow lowered his head and slightly held up one hand.

"Are you stupid or something?"

At Gulf's furious voice, Mew awkwardly lowered his shoulders. He looked exactly the same as the time they parted, so it certainly looked as if he came right back without going to his friend's house.

"Somehow, I just wanted to see P'Gulf's face one more time...I thought it would be impossible to see you again before tomorrow morning, but it's a good thing that I saw you again so quickly." He seemed scared, but Mew said such nonchalant things, so Gulf didn't even have the energy to get mad.

"Anyway, step inside."

"Oh, no, I'll be leaving now."

Mew shook his head and smiled.

"I'll come back whenever I'm on a break, so please hang out with me. It's okay if it's just until you get a girlfriend, P'Gulf...So please stay by my side."

His heart hurts. It was stiff, throbbing pain. Gulf seriously thought that he wanted to tightly hold this pathetic, sad tall man's lowered face and kiss him.

"I didn't even give you a good-bye gift."

"That's fine. I'll just accept your feelings."

He grabbed Mew's shirt's sleeve.

Mew suddenly lifted his lowered face. Gulf looked into Mew's eyes, too. Sweet, kind eyes.

"Anything...Tell me what you want."

A smile disappeared from Mew's face. His face became so serious that Gulf felt scared looking at him.

"I want your kiss."

TBC