5.~MEANINGS OF RED~ pt.1

Start from the beginning

A few hours later
At the gym

Y/n pov:

I've already done my workout and now I'm relaxing while watching Tony and Happy sparring.

"Sorry"

"What was that?"

"It's called mixed martial arts. It's been around for three weeks"

I'm almost sorry for Happy but I can't help it and laugh at this scene.
Hearing this Happy looks at me almost offended.

"You wanna try fighting him?"

"No thanks, I don't want him getting hurt"

Happy rolls his eyes and turns to Tony again.
Suddenly a girl walks in. She has red long hair. I look at her, studying her. I've never seen someone like her around here. What is she doing?

I realize I'm human right now. What if she's an interviewer? What am I gonna do?

Pepper, who was standing, sensed my anxiety and give me a 'it's ok' look.
I nod and turn my head not wanting to seem rude staring.

"I promise you it's the only time I will ask you to sign over your company"
Pepper was talking to Tony.

I turn my head towards her direction and see the redhead looking at me with a confused expression and looks around for something.

I turn when I hear a thud in the ring and see Happy getting up of the floor and saying he is done.

"What's the name lady?"
Tony asks referring to the beaut- I mean, redhead.
Why is it so hot in here all of a sudden?

"Rushman, Natalie Rushman"

Natalie? Interesting name. But why should I care? I don't, in fact.

"Front and center, come into the church"

"Tony you're not gonna ask her that"
I'm gonna kill this man I swear.

"If it pleases the court, which it does"

I look at Natalie with a defeated look and mouth an 'i'm sorry'

"No problem"
Ok so she's confident about it.
I'm seeing a staring contest happening and I'm not really fond of it actually.
She's probably too young for him anyway...

While Pepper talks to Tony I'm pretty much zoning out

"... and she is potentially a very expansive sexual harassment lawsuit. To both of you"

I look at her "what did I do? He's the pervert, not me"

"If you keep ogling her like that"

I look down a bit ashamed "that wasn't the intention"

" I need a boxing assistant, I need an assistant."

"Yes and I have three potential candidates that are lined up and ready to beat you"

I snicker at what Pepper just said. Tony looks at me with an 'are you for real' look and I just nod smiling

"I don't have time to meet. I need someone now and I feel like it's her"

"No it's not"

The fact that Pepper is responding with a calm voice is killing me.

As Happy makes fun of her I shout sarcastically at him
"Happy, try not to make fun of someone who will potentially beat your ass"

Happy looks at me with side eye and Natalie laughs at this.
I smile hearing that.

I turn and see Tony googling her. For fuck sake this man has problems.
I look at the photos that just popped up on the screen and blush furiously looking away. That's not cool man, not cool.

As I turn around I see Natalie taking down Happy with just one move... She's amazing.

Everyone walks up to them

"Happy I told you you shouldn't have made fun of her"
He rolls his eyes but laughs at this. As I walk up to them I see Tony signing something and I catch Natalie looking at me before she looks back at the paper. I'm not so discreet and as Pepper sees me looking at her she comes up behind me and slaps the back of my head.

"Ow, what was that for?!"

"You know why"

Can't argue there. I turn and see Natalie suppress a chuckle. So she found it funny, I see how things are. You wanna play? We can play.

As she walks away I look at her and hear Tony say

"I want one"

"Me too"

"What?"

"What"

I look at Pepper like if I didn't say anything and walk away.

This is gonna be fun...