36

"Do you guys want me to take pictures?" Ellen comes outside. Jim's following her with a drink in each hand. One for Ellen and the other is his.
"Thanks mom." Quinn says. Elyssa hands her her phone. The group poses themselves in various different ways as Ellen snaps photos. After a few minutes, the group grows restless.
"Zebra where's your phone?" Elyssa asks.
"Why runway? You gonna push me in?" Trevor asks cockily. Elyssa nods, placing her hands on his shoulders, pushing him as hard as she could. He holds onto her wrists as he begins falling into the lake. Jack jumps in, immediately dunking Trevor for taking his wife in with him. The rest of the group quickly follow their lead. Elyssa and Taylor watch as the guys grow confused. They begin looking at their shorts, then each others. After a moment, Taylor and Elyssa begin to laugh. Ellen even starts to crack up, watching the guys figure out what was happening.
"My shorts are falling apart!" Trevor sounds shocked. Elyssa and Taylor get out of the water and sit in the edge, watching this unfold.
"Same. What the fuck?" Cole exclaims.
"I think they set us up." Trevor hypotheses.
"Yeah, no shit." Jack kind of makes fun of Trevor.
"You don't have to be mean. Fucking, stupid idiot." Trevor bickers back.
"Are you guys, like, wearing anything under this or...?" Alex asks the other guys. Most of them nod, except for Trevor.
"Are you Turcs?" Trevor avoids answering the question, a mix of guilt and concern on his face. The two kind of stare at each other, waiting for the other to say something.
"Are you guys seriously not wearing anything underneath?" Quinn critics.
"They're new! I wanted to test them out. Experiment." Trevor defends himself.
"I just didn't feel like it." Alex shrugs. Elyssa and Taylor laugh hysterically at the two guys, Ellen and Jim laughing too.
"I think it's time to get out, ey guys?" Cole looks around his friends. They all agree, beginning to exit the water. Trevor and Alex stay in.
"Well, are you guys comin or what?" Luke holds back a laugh. Elyssa, Taylor, Jack, Quinn, Luke and Cole all begin walking back to the house.
"Guys! Hey! You're seriously just gonna leave us here?" Alex yells.
"They'll be back." Trevor says with false confidence. Jim and Ellen follow the group inside as well. Alex let's put a defeated huff.
Ellen walks past the kitchen, where everyone was hanging out, to the hallway closet.
"Nooooo. Ellen, leave them for a bit." Elyssa sound's disappointed as she watches her mother in law pull out two towels.
"Yeah. I wanna see what they're gonna do." Jack agrees.
"I bet Z will convince Turcs to just walk in here." Luke chuckles.
"Just bare ass out." Quinn adds to the joke, making the rest of the group laugh.
"Poor kids shouldn't lose all their dignity in one day." Ellen mutters as she walks out to give the guys the towels. The two guys walk in with towels around their waists. The rest of the group cheer them on, making fun of them and making jokes.
"So how we gonna get them back?" Trevor quietly asks Alex as the two walk upstairs, trying to ignore their friends.
"I think I have an idea." Alex says.

Alex and Trevor walk downstairs to find the large group hanging out in the kitchen. Quinn stands at the counter, chopping onions. Elyssa at the stove, swats jacks hand away from a pan. Luke sits at the island, scrolling on his phone.
"Guys do we need anything from the store? Me and Turcs are going!" Trevor calls over the music.
"Uh, yeah. I'll text you a list." Quinn answers before the two guys leave.
"Stop!" Elyssa sounds annoyed. "Jack I am fully capable."
"I know but I-"
"Go sit by Luke." She shoos him. He reluctantly sits next to his little brother.
"Hey birds," Cole talks to Jack and Elyssa. Elyssa rolls her eyes, trying to hide a smile, at the nickname the couple has been assigned. Both of them look at Cole, letting him know they're listening. "What're doing for your anniversary?" This peaks everyone's interest, wanting to know the answer.
"Jack wouldn't let me help. Said he wanted it to be a surprise." Elyssa leans against the counter top, crossing her arms over her chest, peering at her husband.
"Ohhhh a big surprise?" Luke teases.
"Tell us! Tell us! Tell us!" Taylor chants.
"Do you want to know?" Jack looks to Elyssa. She nods, allowing him to say it.
"We're staying at a house in Australia for a week." He says, trying to read Elyssas reaction.
"Actually?" She sounds excited.
"No, we're going to Utah." He says sarcastically. A smile beams on her face as she moves herself behind him. She drapes her arms around his shoulders from behind. He leans his head back to look up at her smiling. He grabs one of her hands, placing a kiss on her knuckles. Flutters fill Elyssas stomach as she hopes a blush doesn't rise to her cheeks.
"You two make me sick." They hear Trevor's voice from the front door. Elyssa and Jack are quick to flip him off, making everyone else laugh.