4

"In Greece baby!" Elyssa cheers as she flops onto the large hotel bed.
"With my wife!" Jack falls on top of her. She lets out a small huff as his weight drops on her body. Her hands cup his face as he looks at her.
"My husband" she coos, her thumb grazing his bottom lip. He opens his mouth, biting her thumb. "Hey!" She laughs. He lays his head on her chest as her hands roam his hair. They lay in comfortable silence for a few minutes.
"You're my wife" Jack grins like a little kid.
"Really? I thought all that was just for show?" Elyssa sarcastically refers to their wedding.
"Shut up" he holds back a laugh. "Let's get food."
"Order in? Or a restaurant?" She asks.
"Let's go to a restaurant and explore" he decides.
"Then I need to shower." Elyssa says, sitting up. Jack reluctantly gets off of her as she gets off the bed. She enters the bathroom, Jack staying in the bed to look up places to eat. He listens to her as she sings softly, smiling to himself.
"Jacky" Elyssas voice brings him out of his blissful thoughts.
"Yeah?" He calls.
"Can you grab my face wash from my bag please?"
She asks. He gets up from the bed, rummaging through her bag to find the bottle. He grabs it and brings it into the bathroom. She opens the curtain slightly to grab it from him.
"Thank you" she hums as he leans in for a quick kiss.
Once Elyssa is done in the shower, they both get ready and head to a small local restaurant. They get seated outdoors, overlooking the sea. They spend the meal talking. After they eat, the couple walks around the town, exploring their surroundings. They walk hand in hand down the historic streets.
"Ah!" Elyssa gasps, looking up at Jack excitedly.
"What?" He laughs.
"The music. Come on!" She leads him to where she is hearing music. They find a street band playing upbeat dancing music for a small crowd. Jack and Elyssa stand in the crowd listening to the music with everyone else.
"Let's dance" Elyssa asks Jack.
"There's so many people" Jack reasons.
"Pleaseeee" she draws out, standing in front of him holding both of his hands.
"Alright" he scoffs. He steps out of the crowd circles around the band, pulling Elyssa with him. Her hands rest on his shoulders as his go to her hips. They move in sync to the beat of the song. Elyssa is sure to hold eye contact with Jack, trying to get him to forget about the crowd. He does, enchanted by his wife. Soon the band switches gears, playing a slower song. The couple sways back and forth, focused on each other. Their world expands as the song comes to an end and the crowd begins to cheer. At first Elyssa and Jack cheer for the band as well, but they realize they were receiving some cheers too.
"You two are really beautiful together." An older lady says to them as she exits the crowd.
"Oh, thank you." Elyssa smiles, surprised by the comment. She looks at Jack, raising her eyebrows with a questioning look. He returns the look before shrugging. They continue their walk as the sky turns golden and orange.
"So how come you don't get nervous to play in front of thousands of people, but you get nervous in front of 20?" Elyssa teases him.
"Comfort in numbers I guess." He answers simply.
"Oh come on" she drags out with a laugh.
"I'm pretty sure you've asked me this before." He states.
"Yeah, and you probably gave me a shitty answer." She jokes.
"You know the damn answer," he laughs, "hockey is easy. It's familiar. It's just me and my team on the ice." He shrugs.
"Well, I'm glad you danced with me." She grins, changing the subject.
"Me too. It was fun." A smile grows on his face.
"And we're officially a beautiful couple" Elyssa repeats what the women told them.
"Just gorgeous" Jack does a bad jersey accent, making Elyssa laugh.

jackhughes posted a story