7

Elyssa stood at the sink, washing a few dishes. She sang along to the music playing from her phone. She woke up before Jack, so she decided to get some stuff done.
"I like when you sing" Jack snakes his arms around her waist from behind.
"That's creepy" she jokes, turning her head to kiss him.
"No. You just have a good voice." He defends himself after kissing her.
"Well thanks" she blushes, feeling him kiss her head.
"You have the Fallon show tomorrow right?" Jack sits on the counter next to the sink.
"Yeah" Elyssa nods, turning off the water and drying her hands. She stands between his knees, leaning on the counter he sat on. Her hands rest on his thighs.
"I gotta be there around noon" she tells him. He gently grabs her hands in his, playing with her rings mindlessly.
"What time does the show start?" He asks.
"4" she hums.
"I thought it was live at like midnight." He furrows his eyebrows.
"No baby it's taped then released at night." She tries not to laugh at him. He rolls his eyes with a smile. "How ya feeling about it?"
"Honestly I'm a little nervous. This is like my first like actual interview and public appearance in a long time. Like I did that shoot with Gucci after my accident but other than that..." she admits.
"I get that." Jack tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear. "You just gotta go and be yourself." He simply says.
"I know it'll be fine. I just have some jitters is all." She shrugs.
"Good because you're going to do great." He smiles, pecking her lips.

"Elyssa Hughes is here tonight!" Jimmy Fallon introduces she walks out to join him on stage. "Welcome. Welcome." He greets Elyssa as the audience cheers for her.
"Thank you for having me." She smiles as she gives Jimmy a quick hug.
"How are you? How ya feeling?" He asks as they both sit down.
"Good. I was a little nervous but I'm calming down. This is my first significant public appearance in a while so." She admits. "How are you doing?"
"Im good. Im glad you're here" he nods. "I want to say congratulations. You just got married." He smiles. The audience cheers again as Elyssa smiles proudly.
"Yes" she confirms.
"To a hockey player. One of the best hockey players in the league right now, Jack Hughes." Jimmy explains.
"Yep. He's actually in the audience." Elyssa tells him. She watches him and Megan in the front row of the audience.
"Oh really. Can we find him?" Jimmy kind of mutters to the camera crew. She sees Jack wave to a camera as she points him out to Jimmy.
"Do you like the hockey world? And the culture? What are your opinions on it?" Jimmy asks Elyssa.
"Yeah I mean the players I've met are great people. I've made friends with Jacks friends and old teammates. It does get a little cold at games. And I do get stressed when there's some roughing going on." She says casually. "Before meeting Jack, I never really paid attention to hockey like at all. But now I'm good friends with some hockey players and I actually like watching the game."
"Some of jacks buddies were at your wedding. There's a really sweet video of his friends reacting to you on your wedding day." Jimmy says as they play the video of teddy, Quinn, Luke, Cole, Alex and Trevor doing a first look with Elyssa. She laughs at the video, remembering it well.
"Yeah. It was my little brother, jacks brothers Quinn and Luke, and Trevor Zegras, Cole Caufield, and Alex Turcotte doing a first look with me." She smiles.
"How did that come to be? Did you know you wanted to do a first look with all of them or?" Jimmy asks.
"No" she states, making the audience laugh lightly. "Originally it was just gonna be my brother. Then Quinn and Luke wanted to participate, then the rest of them complained that they wanted to be included so" she shrugs.
"A while ago you worked with Harry Styles for his collection with Gucci." Jimmy changes the subject. Elyssa nods. "How was that? I've met Harry and he's such a good person and he's so kind."
"He is a great person. I was super excited to do it because I'm a fan of his music and me and my best friend may or may not be directioners, so I was trying really hard not to fan girl at first. But yeah he was really kind and genuine. I feel like we kinda became friends." Elyssa smiles.
"You have a few things you wanted to announce?" Jimmy leads. She smiles as she hears the audience cheer.
"I do. I will be walking this coming year for Paris Fashion Week. And I have some other things in the works as well but it's too early to say anything." She smiles as the crowd claps for her.
"Well thank you Elyssa Hughes for coming. I love you as a person. I'm glad you're happy." Jimmy says as he and Elyssa both stand up. She gives him another quick hug, "thank you" she smiles genuinely before leaving the stage.

"You did so good baby!" Jack says once he sees Elyssa exit after filming was over. She smiles sheepishly, hugging Jack.
"Thank you" she blushes slightly, accepting the flowers he handed her.
"Good job" Megan congratulates her best friend as well. Elyssa mutters a thank you as she hugs Megan.
"Let's go get some food" Elyssa requests.

A/N: Ik this took a long time and tbh I don't love this chapter but it's fine.