The Sea

Chapter 47

~~~~~

POV: You

Spring is here the snow of winter is all gone. Only a year after the victory in trost, The government has permitted availability for the refugees of wall Maria to return to their homes. Wall Maria becoming habitable to those who once called it home or would like to. With Bear and Levi's effort of bringing the titan count to zero within the walls. Now, the scouts lead an expedition outside the walls, to go all the way in one go.

"We're almost there, half a day at most, then we'll be there" I thought as we raced south.

"This all brings back memories. Bad ones" Ymir says while ridding next to me.

"Me too" Annie adds "How about you (Y/n)?"

"It's foggy, but some of the scenery has felt familiar. Only one thing has stuck to my memory" I say to them.

"The dock" Annie says and I nod.

"You know, It felt like yesterday when I traveled with the others towards the walls" Liam states.

"Maybe because it wasn't that long ago old man" Ymir says "It's been years for us"

Liam shrugs "I will admit, the untouched scenery is pleasing to the eye. I'm so used to ruins of war"

"Sadly, War is just over the horizon" I say. We then see a red flare shoot up into the sky. I raise a brow as the flair meant there was a titan. Due to the lack of titans we assumed they were all within the walls "Let's go check that out"

We ride over to the direction of the flare. When we arrive, we see a small titan with a large head and abnormally small limbs. Behind it was an obvious path that it had created as it tried to drag itself to the walls. Grass and even tree saplings growing within the path. Eren and Floch had gotten off their horses, Floch with his blades out. Eren walked up to the Titan and out his hand on its head.

"Hey, carful" Floch says to Eren.

"It was shipped to paradise, which means it's a fellow patriot" Eren says, I take not of his wording like everyone else "Let's go, We're close"

Eren gets on his horse and rides off, Armin follows him, Mikasa holds of for a moment before going after them "Just hang on, is it okay to leave this thing here. Shit" Floch says then leaps onto his horse and going after them along with the rest of the formation.

I get off my horse as I looked at the titan. Annie, Ymir, and Liam watched as I stepped close to the titan and looked at it "I can't save you from you're nightmare, but I can ease your pain"

I draw my knife and climbed up onto the titan. Looking at the nape of the titan, I hold onto my knife with both hands and plunge it into the nape then slicing a large chunk of it out. After a moment, the entire body begins to steam up. I stand up and jump off the now dead titan.

"For being the Monster of Paradise, You're pretty merciful" Ymir says as a sly comment.

"It's the fine line in the sand that separates me from our enemy. I'm willing to be merciful, doesn't mean I'll always be" I say then got on my horse.

"Heh, sounding like a king" Liam says.

"I would rather be a monster than a king" I tell him before riding off. They soon followed.