Head Hunt

I am skipping some of the exposition scenes like when they decide whether to tell everyone about the outside and I am also going to skip the Memorial scenes with Eren kissing Historia's hand as most of that won't change but a few details of the reader being there. Hope you understand.

~~~~~

POV: You

Part 1.

Everyone knows now about it all, about the subjects of Ymir, Marley, everything. It's been about a month since we closed up wall Maria I'd say however it isn't safe for people to move back as there are still titans within the wall. We just had a memorial the other day for the scouts who fell and we got a medal. Eren had something odd happen then, he hasn't told any of us what happened to him but I took note of it after remembering the note Grisha left behind for me. For Bertholdt and Liam, they are now scouts. When it comes to Bertholdt, it was agreed that after enough convincing that he is no longer the colossal titan and was forced to do what he did, he wasn't going to be executed.  Right now what remains of the scouts is going to head back to the old scouts head quarters and use that as a base of operations for the time being. We were at an inn eating breakfast before heading out.

"What do you think we'll do next?" Marlow questions with interest as we sat together, the ones from the scouts not here being Erwin, Hanji, and Levi.

"Dunno, deal with the titans inside the walls most likely" Connie says.

"Sounds about right" Annie states.

"Man I wish I was there to fight I. Shinganshina" Ymir says in a complaining tone.

"Yeah, like you would of done some good" Connie replies.

"Take that back!" Ymir shouts.

"Man this food is great!" Sasha exclaimed while eating.

"So Bertholdt, what's it like being in the colossal titan?" Floch questions.

"Um, tall, I guess...there isn't much of a way to explain it..." Bertholdt explains, he gets anxious when he talks, like he used to be but there is that awkwardness. Everyone has about forgave Bertholdt which is great that they'd do that, hearing his backstory from Marley most likely helped with that however he still feels the guilt.

"Wouldn't it be like imagining you're giant and just walking around a city?" Jean states.

"Yeah,....it's a bit like that" Bertholdt replied.

"(Y/n)" Mikasa says while sitting on my right.

"Yes?" I reply.

"What will the first thing you do if we get the chance to reach Marley?" Mikasa asks me, and odd question coming from her and something I would of expected Annie to ask me instead.

"To find my mother" I replied.

"Then I'll be by your side as you do" She says.

"You'd be there whether I said you would or wouldn't" I tell her.

"Man arn't you kids lively in the morning" Liam stated as he drank some coffee.

Eren was sitting along at a table by himself like if he was having an existential crisis. I finished eating and went over to him, he was picking at his food as he stared down at it like he just watched it move. I wanted to guess it had something to do with what happened yesterday.

"You okay?" I question while sitting across from him.

"Huh?" He says, like he just noticed I was in front of him now.

"Never mind, you certainly aren't okay. What happened yesterday at the memorial?" I ask him.

He looked back up at me with a frightened face before looking back down "I-I don't know...." Eren tells me "Something happened when I kissed Historia's hand....I-I don't know what though..."