The Basement

~~~~~~

POV: You

Part 1.

Eren had brought Armin back onto the roof, he's unconscious but alive. Our next move is to head to Eren's basement. However, before we could do that, Levi brings something up as he looked towards the ginger haired man who stood at the edge of the roof away from us.

"Before we go to the basement, we have something we need to address first" Levi states "Who are you?"

Liam looks towards Levi "Me? My name is Liam, a titan shifter and an ally of your friend Bertholdt" Liam states.

"How do I know that you aren't going to turn against us and kill us all?" Levi questions.

"Captain, he protected us" Connie says.

"Yeah, Bertholdt transformed to kill enemy titans and he protected us from the blast" Sasha adds.

Levi eyed him before sighing "I'll question you more later once Erwin wakes up" He states then looks at us "Hanji, (Y/n), Eren, Mikasa, we'll head to Eren's basement. Everyone else, scrap together whatever horses we have left and get ready to head out. Once we find out what secrets lay in side the old doctors cellar, it's best we head out as soon as possible. Eren, care to lead the way"

"O-of course" Eren states.

Hanji, Levi, Eren, Mikasa and I jump off the roof and onto the ground. The five of us walked through the streets of Shinganshina, the over growth started to take over the place. Grass and weeds growing through cracks. Remnants of life littered the ground, dull and broken from the elements. As we walked, we past the shop that I used to work at, I stopped for a moment when I saw it. The windows broken, crates filled with nothing, some knocked over.

"Something up?" Hanji questions.

"I used to work here" I state.

"I remember...." Mikasa states.

I struggled to remember the man who owned the shop, why couldn't I remember was most likely due too Lauren. With that thought she spoke up.

"That is correct. I made you forget. Greg was his name" Lauren says.

"Greg...that sounds right. Wait, not that I think about it, why did I remember his as dads friend?"

"I made you think that way. After Greg found you and took you in. I thought it would be easier for you to settle if you thought of him as someone we knew" Lauren says.

"I see...titans most likely got to him"

I then sigh "Let's keep going" I say.

We kept on walking, following Eren. Eren was determined to get to the basement of his house. After a few minutes of walking, Eren stops while looking up. We look up as well to see a crushed house on a hill with a boulder sitting in the middle of the rubble.

"That's it" Eren says.

"It's hard to remember that I saved your mom from that" I state.

"More like I can't believe you did it" He replies back "We were what, 10?"

"I was almost 11 but yeah" I say back.

We walk up the stone steps of the side street that leads to the house. Mikasa and Eren stared at the house for a few moments before walking up to the remains of the house.  The five of us then began to clear away at the rubble, trying to find were the doors to the cellar were.

"Luckily for us, the fires burnt out before they got this far" Hanji says.

After some time, Eren notifies us that he found the doors "This is it. The stairs to the cellar are beneath this door" Eren says.