||Chapter 16||

___________

___________

"TAKE ME BACK!!"

"Send you back? Dumbledore asked, the kind smile dropping from his face, "I thought that you wanted to return, (Name). If I remember correctly, you kept asking when you would come back almost every day."

"Yes! I know! And I appreciate that you summoned me as soon as I finished the task just as you said," you explained, trying not to shout at the great wizard for tearing you away from your happiness, "but I had some things that I still needed to do!" You dropped your gaze to the time turner in your hand, fingering it lightly before holding it out to the headmaster with an angry huff.

Dumbledore took the pendant from you with an appreciative nod, gently placing it back into the pocket of his robes.

"I am sorry to have disrupted...what you have been doing, However, you have stayed there longer than you should have been," he said softly. "But I trust that you understand the importance of this mission and why this matter is so crucial."

"YES I KNOW! And I understand that Professor, but please just send me back, even for an hour! I haven't said a proper goodbye to my friend!" Your voice was raised as you frantically pleaded for a chance to say goodbye.

"Now that the time turner has been fixed, I can only send you back a few fours back. Sorry."

You felt your blood pressure rising, if looks could kill, he would have been dead by now. You could barely hold in your anger as your face contorted into an ugly grimace.

"What if...I break it again?" You seethe silently, making a sudden attempt at taking back the fixed time-turner which was now in the deep pockets of the headmaster. If you break it again, you might be able to go back. "GIVE IT!"

"Woah woah, careful there." Dumbledore moved away as you tried to attempt to pull on his robes to take the time-turner. Dumbledore could almost thank the large desk that was a barrier between him and you.

"I NEED TO GO BACK!" You practically screamed into his face. The anger on your face was almost palpable, when he looked down at your reaction, he detected something other than anger. Sorrow and regret.

"Let me go back..." You slammed your fist down onto his desk. He was about to say something yet stopped himself when he saw your body relax, resting your face on his desk before he saw your shoulders tremble. After everything that had been said that night, after how open and fragile he had been with you...the thought broke you, and silent tears began to roll down your cheeks.

It took him a few seconds to break the silence. "Even if I thought it was a good idea, (name), the time turner is repaired now...I could only send you back a couple of hours." The professor placed a consoling hand on your shoulder as you silently sobbed, your eyes now fixed on the wooden surface in an attempt to hide your emotions from the great wizard.